SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what most people upshift/downshift around here....Me I tend to shift to make sure the next gear is at 2000rpm...good on gas, not on go. For a more performance driving, what do you guys do?<p>Andy

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: MT shifting ranges? (T5special)

Geez............................. 2000rpm that's crazy low. i usually shift when just going around town anywhere from 2500rpm to 2800rpm. as far as gas milage goes right now i'm averaging 26.2mpg with my 6speed AWD. most(70%) of my driving is city/back roads.

·
Registered
69 Posts
my god you averaging a marathon per gallon.. but seriously thats awesome. i need to stop getting on my car so often, i average 17mpg.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I shift between 2800 and 3000 usually but my commute to work is so short and the traffic sux, my gas mileage sux. I average 17 too.<br>-Jason

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: (LT_T45)

when I want to save gas , as low as possible just under 2000. aggresive driving just over 5000 , my normal upshifting is around 2500-3000

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: (Volvo_girl)

for performance you should do about 6400 1st to 2nd and slightly lower each gear up so 4th to 5th is about 6000 you can get cartest a free software and it will show near optimal shift points. I've posted a link before on it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: MT shifting ranges? (T5special)

I do the same as Volvo_girl. Mostly the save-gas routine. It's generally enough for me to know I have torque when I want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts