SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about the S60 2.5T getting 7.2/100 km. Couldn't figure out when I drove on the hwy and it mostly showed it steady at 7.9L/100km and sometimes 8.5L/100 km . So, filled up before and after trips just to measure. Found I was getting much better mileage then the computer showed. Around town, the unit showed 13.5L/100 km. In reality it was 10L/100km. <p>There must be a way to get it flashed or something. I picked up the car used from a Volvo dealer. 2 weeks ago. Anybody have a similar problem?<p>2005 2.5T w/ 80,000km<p>

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
is this with or without resetting it everytime you fuel up?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
It's a rolling average according to the ECU, not the actual mileage, it changes all the time depending on your driving.<p>Have you tried to reset the trip info when you refill, this will start the averages over again and eliminate and distortion caused by previous trips.<p>I find that the mpg and miles till empty work out just fine when compared to gas receipts and my odometer.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: (NJGreenBudd)

Agreed, if you reset the MPG calc, it averages out the same as if you were to calculate it on your own, at least with my experience

·
Registered
517 Posts
My MPG computer is usually pretty accurate. It never displays a higher reading than what I calculate, and it's always within 5% of the actual MPG.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (bkrueger89)

I reset it just as I pull out of the gas station. It eventually eliminates all bias from city driving or highway driving, and is actually pretty accurate per tank.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Re: MPG computer reading accurate? (Toronto1)

Do you let your car sit for a while when you're letting it warm up? I know during the winter when I would start up my car, I would let it warm up for a couple minutes and the MPG computer reads your MPG sitting at idle so that throws off the actual reading.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Re: (SJHesketh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>SJHesketh</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So to reset the MPG figure, you just reset the trip mileage on the speedo? </TD></TR></TABLE> <br>On the knob that twists to select what reading you want to display, turn it until you are diplaying the MPG average, and then hold the RESET button on that same lever the knob is on, for a couple seconds , and the MPG average will be reset.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts