SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved my Mountune inlet manifold from a close friend for super cheap. Installed it today with Mark(MM). Install went well until we started to button everything down. Went to tighten the plastic fitting on the end and i had a quarter of an inch left... then SNAP!:mad::facepalm:

First thing, who the hell makes a quailty manifold and cheaps out on a ****ty plastic fitting. The Elevate unit comes a brass piece which is 100% better then plastic. Mark and I rigged up something that fit, does the job and is alot beefier lol.

Heres the snapped piece and the brass fitting Mark and I rigged up. Anyone have this issue before? And, George... send brass fittings!! lol

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
funny thing about this .. that plastic POS didnt break on me while installing .. it broke on me coming home from a 75 mile drive and out of no where the car couldnt hold an idle .. started to bog .. i was FURIOUS ... but it was a quick and simple fix. mountune really need to fixe that little POS plastic peice. other wise, i love this intake manifold.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went with a 3/8 fine thread fitting from canadian tire lol. and some generic 1/2 hose to connect the vaccum line

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
can I have your elevate intake manifold? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts