SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I am thinking of getting the IPD R boost gauge to complement my R instruments cluster that was installed in my '02 V70XC. Unfortunately the pod supplied by IPD suits only LHD model which makes sense since NA market is LHD. Anyone come across any alternative pods to mount the boost gauge for RHD vehicles such as mine? Think the IPD R boost gauge is 52mm.

Thanks
DC

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Put it above the aircon vents, where the 4C would be. Or get a spare dash surround & epoxy in a pod. Its been done before with really nice results.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought and sold mine - mainly because I couldn't find a decent spot to install it lol.
No decent spot? Not even the A pillar? What kind of boost gauge you had?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the IPD pod on my LHD and it's not that great- I would suggest fabricating your own. The bottom does not follow the contours of the dash exactly and the weather stripping around the bottom of it and the mounting tape aren't an exact match, so the adhesive tape does not have 100% contact resulting in it coming off in really cold/hot weather, rattling against the windshield sometimes, and having to use extra adhesive on the side to the a pillar. Maybe it was just mine, but it is not as clean as I would have liked for the price.

You could easily fab a mount for it in a vent on either side of the driver, next to the radio (where the map pocket/cup holder is), or in the center speaker grille. For LHD the map pocket/cup holder is a perfect spot to keep it looking stealthy and requires minimum effort and would be the cheapest to grab an extra stock piece to modify (not sure how it would look on RHD). The air vent would be the quickest to pop in and out.

I wish I was better with Fiberglass, I would just fabricate one directly on my a pillar or through my center speaker grille.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put it above the aircon vents, where the 4C would be. Or get a spare dash surround & epoxy in a pod. Its been done before with really nice results.
Does that mean drilling holes about the air-con vents?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts