SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been brought up before(can't remember) but in the May issue of Motor Trend magazine they did a review of all the entry level luxury sedans and the Volvo T5 came in second just behind the new BMW. It's nice for them to include all the features of the car in their review not like the blatantly biased reviews of Car and Driver. Glad to see Volvo get their due. If you noticed as well its the cheapest car in the segment as far as price goes, most of the other cars were 41k or so. Its one of the few cars that take regular unleaded and has the best warranty of the bunch.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Lol @ calling Car and Driver biased. From that comparison, it looked like they were doing a luxury sports sedan comparison. The S60 is not sporty when compared to the BMW... However as a daily driver and from a comfort perspective, it downright delivers as you can tell from their long-term report. Heck you can tell from most long-term reports that the S60 is delivering and exceeding expectations if you're not asking it to be overly sporty.

Also with regards to your statement on that the Volvo takes Regular fuel. A lot of vehicles take Regular as well. But would you run it with Regular, especially when recommended is Premium?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it covered all facets from interior to exterior styling as well as the drive. They did a entry level luxury sports comparison of 8 vehicles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That comparison test was one of the reasons I test drove, and ultimately leased my T5. What surprises me the most is how the car magazines tend to like the T5 more than the T6.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My T5 just turned 19K on the clock and I have run regular unleaded (87 octane) since day one with no problems with an average 27mpg overall mileage. Runs great. No "knocks".

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
My T5 just turned 19K on the clock and I have run regular unleaded (87 octane) since day one with no problems with an average 27mpg overall mileage. Runs great. No "knocks".
Modern engines will not knock. The computer will simply dumb down the performance to compensate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts