SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this this morning from Motor Trend...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1203_2012_volvo_s60_t5_first_test/

Seems like a very favorable first test. They're loving their T6 tester as well...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/sedans/1202_2012_volvo_s60_t6_awd_update_2/

I bet, though, their handling would sharpen up if they would have opted for the Njord wheels with the 235/45/17 Contis or the 18" Sleipner options. And 17.5 MPG?!?!?!? He must be hammering on it all the time!

And they got that thing 0-60 in 6.2 secs - that's the fastest I've seen so far (and represents what I personally think the car is capable of).

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I think MT really likes this car. In the 2011 Car of the year article summary they said:

Unfortunately for the S60, it could well be the most impressive car here -- that is, without a 16 kW-hr lithium-ion battery hiding in it somewhere.

Then they gave Car of the Year to the Volt. Must have been a few groans at Volvo over that. So close.
Text summary and video link below. In the Video summary, they get to the Volvo at 13:19:

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear...he_year_contenders_and_finalists/viewall.html

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Very positive write up for Volvo and the new S60. Definitely an interesting combo package they had there: Sport trim pieces for the front and rear, and cloth interior with no heated seats, bi-xenons. I think they should have at least ordered one with the Dynamic Chassis and possibly Premium Pkg, but the cloth seats are nice.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
They ordered it (less Premium Package and Climate for readers in colder climates) how most of the magazine readers would likely spec it. Of all the dealers around here, I'd say 70% of available inventory is made up of T5s with Premium and Climate, Comfort Chassis, and the occasional sport appearance or BLIS for good measure. Even the T6's around here are ordered without Dynamic package because of the roads.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Just reinforces what I already know. I need to make one my next car. Just hoping the new cluster from the V40 ends up in other models, as well as the improved safety features, in the next few years. :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Just hoping the new cluster from the V40 ends up in other models, as well as the improved safety features, in the next few years. :)
Agreed! The V40 cluster and panorama sunroof should have been in the S60! If the V40 T5 ever makes its way over here I would serious consider a trade-in :) For now no regrets with my S60 and reading articles like this only confirms what I already knew.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just reinforces what I already know. I need to make one my next car. Just hoping the new cluster from the V40 ends up in other models, as well as the improved safety features, in the next few years. :)
I'm hoping it appears as a mid-cycle refresh in the S60. Would be nice if they would introduce it with the alleged AWD T5.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I'm hoping it appears as a mid-cycle refresh in the S60. Would be nice if they would introduce it with the alleged AWD T5.
I wouldn't expect any cosmetic changes this year to the S60, definitely getting the T5 AWD mid-to-late summer and supposedly factory Remote Start's will become an option this summer (wonder if current owners will be able to add-on the function?).

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm surprised they would think we Americans can handle remote start but not remote windows :rolleyes: Id like to see auto start, anything to save gas these days :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts