SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here and also new to the Volvo world. I live in the US and I also live in the NW part in Seattle WA. With that being said there is a huge following here and I believe IPD is near by too.

I have somewhat high miles on this car I just bought and was thinking about looking for another motor to rebuild while I still drive my car around until it dies. I think it would be a fu project for me this winter.

What type of swaps do people usually do with this 97 t5? What blocks do they use and what is the best way to get a fun but not too crazy motor built? I've looked all around but I'm afraid I'm just missing out and not understanding because I'm new all around to Volvo's.

Any and all websites are welcome with helpful info.

Thanks,
Ken:)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'd go with the B5234T, identical to the one you already have, an M56H manual tranny with a Quaife differential, 2.5"-3" full exhaust, a decent chip, and a standard or lowresistant panel filter: should put you around in the 300hp neighbourhood. anything above that, you should start thinking about fuelsystem and ignition.

wheb you do get a motor to swap in, take it apart, clean it properly, get it back to a nice stage 0, including new and preferrably strengthened connectiong rods. sadly a common problem with these engines, the connecting rods usually cant take a lot of power all at once, and might bend, to the point where your engine is useless.

besides that, the 850 is more or less perfect in my eyes:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts