SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2007 XC90 V8 Sport a few weeks ago. The dealer (Volvo) changed the oil before delivering the vehicle, and I just checked it today for the first time. I was surprised to find that the oil is bright yellow in color. I can't recall ever seeing this color on the dip stick before. Is there anything special about the motor oil for the V8? Has anyone else noticed the yellow color?<p><br>

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: Motor Oil - Bright Yellow! (ChicagoT5)

Yipes - never heard of yellow oil, but I do not own a V-8

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: Motor Oil - Bright Yellow! (ChicagoT5)

Sure they didnt make a mistake and install anti-sneeze in there instead? Doesnt sound good.. How many miles you drive on it yet? <p>Hope I am wrong.....

·
Registered
547 Posts
What does it feel/smell/taste like?<p>Yes, I said taste. <p>All I can think of is that they added a coloring to check for leaks??

·
Registered
634 Posts
Re: (Qbrozen)

Cheech and Chong skit...<A HREF="http://www.grupthink.com/answer/17257/Cheech_and_Chongs_Dog_****" TARGET="_blank">http://www.grupthink.com/answe..._****</A><p>Certainly would call to ask what they used, but from what I've seen synthetics and synthetic blends can have a more golden yellow color than dino oil.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The daughter brought home some cheap regular Pennzoil oil from a dept store to do an oil change on her 850 (couldn't find any Valvoline we normally use) and it was a creepy yellow color, but not bright....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: (cdnx90)

<p>Is it clear or opaque? Just wondering if you have coolant in the oil.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer claims the oil is Mobil dino, and could not explain the yellow color. <p>I would describe the oil as clear - certainly not milky like when there is water in the oil. I might send in a sample to Blackstone for analysis. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by ChicagoT5 at 1:11 PM 7-3-2009</i>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts