1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,509 Posts
Wow, that thing is a BEAST!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I love how he kept the lambda badge. I miss my ‘89 744tii+ with the m46. That, was a fun ride! I smoked an el Camino one day at a light. He couldn’t believe it. Volvo knew how to build them in the day. Look at their 242’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did some more poking around regarding this car, and found some information that I found disappointing.

The driver in the video I posted up top, despite claiming he bought it for just over $200 and built it is not the builder of the car.

He bought it from the real builder, tried to to take all the credit, created a Facebook page for it, which suddenly ceased posting updates in June 2017.

I'm guessing something broke, and he didn't have the know how to fix it himself like the original builder, and couldn't afford to, or didn't want to spend the money to have someone else to do it for him.

Damn shame.

The original builder and build thread is here on TurboBricks, btw.

·
Super Moderator
8,509 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People buy and sell things. I wouldn't get too hung up over bought vs. built. Some of us don't have the time or experience to build stuff like that, so we're best served by buying. Looks like it was sold in June 2015:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5105420&postcount=813

And it looks like the seller was pretty happy with the buyer's use of the car:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5198923&postcount=846

Seems like the builder does a lot of vehicles:

Understood.

I was just disappointed that the new owner was passing it off as his own work, when all he did was open the wallet.

·
Super Moderator
8,509 Posts
Understood.

I was just disappointed that the new owner was passing it off as his own work, when all he did was open the wallet.
That's fair. He was apparently making changes/upgrades based on the seller's comments in the thread, so he was putting some marks of ownership on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts