SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally just used the little yellow button on my door lock remote out of curiousity and found that it activates small lights underneath the side mirrors. Will I ever use that feature outside of pure amusement? No.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The My Key buttons.

I was thinking about having some fun by saying the 3.2L engine but then restrained myself at the end. ;)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The My Key buttons.

I was thinking about having some fun by saying the 3.2L engine but then restrained myself at the end. ;)
No you didn't. LOL

·
Registered
668 Posts
I personally just used the little yellow button on my door lock remote out of curiousity and found that it activates small lights underneath the side mirrors. Will I ever use that feature outside of pure amusement? No.
Anyone else?
The yellow button serves a purpose, if you happen to not have a garrage and need lighting when you get home to get into your house. I think it is a European thing.

My list includes, Power Child Locks, and auto locking fuel door.

If the doors to my car are unlocked then my fuel door should be unlocked!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I use the yellow button all the time. Lights up the interior of the car and shows me where the car is in parking garages all the time. The puddle lights help avoiding puddles in SW FL !

I look the toddlers in with the child lock pretty frequently as well.

I used my key a lot as I programmed it for scanning the radio UNTIL I discovered, recently I may add, that holding down the forward or back button on the steering wheel serves the same purpose

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The moon roof!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm with rayman on this one. I wouldn't call this a "feature."
Agreed. Our old S80 and our cooper all unlock the gas door when the doors are unlocked. Maybe Volvo needed to fill in a button on the console. It sucks having to put the key back in and push the button when you don't time it right pulling up to the pumps.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The fuel door will stay unlocked for 10-15 min I think.

I sometimes use the yellow button, but it would be much better if it also lit up the fog lamps or head lamps. I´ve thought about getting running boards (if I ever find a pair at an affordable price) and put some powerful LED strips underneath them and have them light up as well.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I use the yellow button all the time. It lights up all the running lights (DRL's in the front), so not just the puddle lamps.

The My Key button, however, seems like it does a lot more if you have more features in the Head Unit (like an integrated phone, satellite radio, etc.). As it is, it strikes me as underutilized. There has to be some reason for its existence...

Having a separate unlock button for the fuel door is a benefit, if you ask me. I guess it would be nice to be able to program it to unlock with the doors, if the owner so desires. (I think new Volvos with the Sensus system have this capability).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Having a separate unlock button for the fuel door is a benefit, if you ask me...
In what way? All it does for me is provide the additional exercise of walking back to the driver's seat again after I get to the pump and find the door still locked. I don't drive the car much and put gas in it even less often.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Having a separate unlock button for the fuel door is a benefit...
I guess if I lived in a city where someone was likely to jump into my car while I was refueling it, I could see being able to unlocke the fuel door sepearate from the doors as being beneficial. Except I am pretty sure that when you lock the doors it locks the fuel door (I read the manual a while ago and forget the details). However if I lived in a place like that I would be moving and if I was passing through I would keep on going. Then again the keys to my car are usually on the floorboard or the ignition. Now that my children are getting older I am starting to separate the keys from the car.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes, I believe it does lock along with the doors.

Re: the separate button thing - let me illustrate it this way. Once your house is broken into, you won't ever leave the door unlocked, even in the sleepiest of hamlets.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes, I believe it does lock along with the doors.

Re: the separate button thing - let me illustrate it this way. Once your house is broken into, you won't ever leave the door unlocked, even in the sleepiest of hamlets.
Actually I know that my car has been rifled through at least twice. I do not leave anything worth taking in my car. I used to own a convertible and left it unlocked not matter where I was. I much rather have a thief open the door than take a buck knife and cut the top. Same with hard tops, much rather have a thief go through the door than the window. As far as my house, I only lock the doors to make my wife feel comfortable at night. All locks do is keep honest people out. If someone wants into your house your door/ window will do little to stop them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm more in tune with the strategy of keeping thieves out. If they really want into my house/car, they will have to struggle considerably...

·
Registered
760 Posts
I find the back up warning system useless. It goes blind sometimes, and other times sees objects that aren't there. Not reliable, so not of much value.

I could do w/o the fog light feature.

Otherwise, my car is perfectly optioned for my needs and preferences.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Auxilliary input jack. Who puts it right in the middle of the console? Always in the way when plugged in, so the wife rarely uses it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts