SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, it's me again...

So I received the parts i need for my brake job. My problem is while replacing the flexible brake hose on the driver's side (the side with all the issues earlier) the solid brake line twisted off due to the fitting not rotating freely on the flared end. The passenger side moves freely and I was able to swap out out easily.

There is a connection under the car where I am able to remove the bad section, which is maybe 5 or so feet long without the bends.

My question is what exactly is the size of the tubing and the fittings? Googling around is more confusing than anything. I want to be able to verify local stock as I don't want to order and be without a vehicle until parts arrive.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Take the twisted off part to the parts store and match it up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hopefully they have something easy to install and with the metric (?) fittings.
You will find a straight brake line - that's not going to bend nicely the way you want it IF you find it with the correct fittings preinstalled - or - you can purchase a pre-bent guaranteed to fit line from Volvo - but yes it would take a couple of days to arrive
06 brake  line.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully they have something easy to install and with the metric (?) fittings.
You will find a straight brake line - that's not going to bend nicely the way you want it IF you find it with the correct fittings preinstalled - or - you can purchase a pre-bent guaranteed to fit line from Volvo - but yes it would take a couple of days to arrive
View attachment 71953
So I ran down to AutoZone and they had a 60” section with fittings, which is almost exactly the right length. I was able to bend by hand using the original as a guide and a mandrel for nice rounding. No kinks and ended matching almost perfectly. I just got it installed along with the new flexible line. Once it’s all installed I’ll pressure test. Fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts