SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 V50 T5 AWD Automatic -75,000 miles<p>A while ago I posted about my V50 seeming to lose power after 100+ miles of driving. I have not been able to figure out why yet. The other day it did it after about 12 miles of driving. The thing that I am noting is that it seems to happen when my gas tank is low. This time when it happened I only had about one gallon of fuel in the tank. It seems fine today but I just filled it and I cleaned MAF.<p>What are the chances that I having a fuel pump issue? Would that act like this? Is it really possible true there is no fuel filter on these cars? It acts like the sort of thing that happens when you have a plugged fuel filter...<p>Also and related (?) I just realized that this problem appeared after I ran out of gas one day. Coincidence?<p>

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: More sleepy V50 (mgc)

Well your best answer to this would be to find forcefed aka Kyle he is a tech ... I believe the filter is inside the take from what people have said... Could be that you bought crap gas and all the leftover crap is going thru your engine .... Maybe a product to clean engine tank ect might work such as an additive ...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Re: More sleepy V50 (jdsr917)

Thats weird, usually when my tank is that low, I notice an increase in acceleration and driveability (probably because of the reduced weight.)<p>Could be a clogged filter, but that usually causes reduced performance all the time, along with stuttering, sometimes stalling.<p>Pump might be issue, once the tank gets low, it could starve the pump when you take a hard turn, or accel fast, a dying pump might have issues with that. <p>Have you had it scanned? Did it throw any codes?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: More sleepy V50 (greencow)

I have not had it scanned yet. Looks like I have too to try and get to the bottom of this. It's really puzzling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts