SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
like the V40 (Great) with black plastic (ughh!, the 2013 XC90 refresh got rid of all the plastic cladding to freshen the look.) Pls give us the V40 clean look and slap the XC40 badge on it for the US.
+1

Seriously which one would you pick?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Putting black plastic on it will make it sell better? Because it looks to me like it's the exact same car otherwise. And it looks awful.

How about offering a black plastic body kit option instead?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Unfortunately it's a different front bumper not just trims! . . . I though they said the XC40 was suppose to look more aggressive . . . I guess somewhere along the way I missed what aggressive means these days...

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
New day calls for a new post about how ugly that is. What the crap.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
nah, those plastic parts are still ugly :p

If it were coming to the state the first thing I'd do is order replacement parts from overseas to get it back to its beautiful original design... or I would not get it because of the excessive expense... time will tell.

·
Registered
274 Posts
lets it shine

The plasticky stuff and skid plates look weird but its still a good looking car and would definitely consider it in ice white, something bright would make this car look very good, not to say the twilight bronze is bad or anything.
V40 with weird suv-ish cladding and marketed as an SUV..... for people who can see clearly and not go for the marketing bs, its a small tall-ish hatch/small wagon just like the XC70 is a tall cladded wagon, the BMW X1 is a small tall-ish wagon and the Audi A4 allroad is an avant with an extra inch of ground clearance, "tough" cladding, and underbody protection. In other words cars with SUV labels but not really SUVs.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Okay, so now it's riced out looking but slightly more attractive.

·
Registered
434 Posts
IM all for the XC40's look. If they make it any higher it will be as expensive to insure as the current XC60 is. I'm hoping for cheaper insurance.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Yes, I concede, each is own taste . . .

. . . That said I hate to say but where as before the v40 was kind of like this:

Now with the plastic front trim it is kind of like this:

·
Registered
985 Posts
The plasticky stuff and skid plates look weird but its still a good looking car and would definitely consider it in ice white, something bright would make this car look very good, not to say the twilight bronze is bad or anything.
V40 with weird suv-ish cladding and marketed as an SUV..... for people who can see clearly and not go for the marketing bs, its a small tall-ish hatch/small wagon just like the XC70 is a tall cladded wagon, the BMW X1 is a small tall-ish wagon and the Audi A4 allroad is an avant with an extra inch of ground clearance, "tough" cladding, and underbody protection. In other words cars with SUV labels but not really SUVs.

Maybe an R-design version can clean up some of the faux metallic cladding? :facepalm:

I'll take one in PoleStar blue!:cool:

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
IM all for the XC40's look. If they make it any higher it will be as expensive to insure as the current XC60 is. I'm hoping for cheaper insurance.
Can you explain what you mean by this? Is it that because, in the UK, vehicle height has a greater affect on vehicle premiums (because the average claims payment becomes higher when the vehicle's front and rear bumpers are higher than that of the super-mini car class, which we don't have as many of in the US so it may affect vehicle premiums less)?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, mostly - SUV's command a higher insurance because of the ride/height and for the fact that most aren't the most economical to run. A "soft" based hatchback does away with the expensive premiums - mostly.

·
Registered
224 Posts
lets it shine

the one in these pictures has the aluminum colored styling kit to "dress up" the still ugly XC cladding:thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
the one in these pictures has the aluminum colored styling kit to "dress up" the still ugly XC cladding:thumbdown:
I agree.

I also wish they could find a better way to hide that front sensor in the grill. It really ruins the aesthetics of the grill.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well pointed out, patty.

Why they can't build a sensor around the badge is beyond me - simpler and could be applied to any one of their models instead of a gaping hole in the radiator grid.

·
Registered
224 Posts
At least it has fog lights
uh, no on the front foglights, likely LED Daytime running lights. like recent C70, C30 XC90 offerings, I like these with Active Xenon lights..:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts