SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing - recently the projector light upgrade and the carputer - and thinking that time & technology move on and there must be other, more 'modern' mods we can do to update our beloved Rs. For example (in no particular order):

Has anyone tried to replace the troublesome headlight washer assembly with fixed high-pressure washers only? The hole and bumper dimple just cries out for some sort of pop-in kit.

Are there more sophisticated plug and play exterior (brake and signal) LED lights available. I have upgraded the license plate bulbs, position lights and have 5 watt reversing projectors, and EST had a group buy on interior lights that work great (bright, no bleeds, no codes or cut-outs) and you'd think there should be a similar set for all the brake & signals now.

The new AWD S60s come standard with torque vectoring, which I gather is a function of the antilock/traction/stability system. Does this use a more sophisticated set of sensors or is it as simple as a 'firmware' update that could be retrofitted on our Rs?

All suggestions, additions, thoughts welcome (as well as any real information!)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I'm planning on installing a few USB's through the car so 12v will no longer be needed.

Also planning on installing a Transporter style plate switcher.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
There are aftermarket LED bulbs you can fit, and if you've seen DevolvR's tail lights he's got a cool mod, which looks a little more modern. I'm sure it could be done rather easily... As for the lights themselves, I'm 100% sure there's a way to make a special design with LED's like having a light panel made, and it could wire directly in, you'd probably have to make some sort of mounting bracket... You also have the option of buying LED lights, which are a direct fit, and look a little more "modern" i guess.

As for the headlights, again, DevlovR added that light strip next to the DRL's which I think will look awesome. Once it's done, there will probably be some demand for that. I don't see it looking bad. Don't go rice and get some light strip from autozoo and stick it in there, it would look terrible lol

As for the other things IDK, but the Carputer does seem like a very good idea, and there's no doubt that it could be modified, and improved with time, honestly the only reason I haven't upgraded mine is because that panel you buy to make the screen fit isn't a perfectly matching black to the rest of the dash... It bothers me that much, yes. Also, the only thing I wouldn't want to lose is the "pro logic" sound quality, it's not like it's anything special, it's just the way the sound is distributed and I'm worried that upgrading or changing the setup will prevent full use of that system.

Get a tune, do some small LED mods and what not, and you'll be happy for another 5+ years lol

@ Vio

Having USB's throughout the car would be an awesome idea. Definitely make a writeup if you do this.

·
Registered
501 Posts
There are aftermarket LED bulbs you can fit, and if you've seen DevolvR's tail lights he's got a cool mod, which looks a little more modern....
I agree. It was a weekend project for me, and well worth it..I've run these LEDs for the past 4 years...

...also, the addition of license plate white LEDs makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This
also planning on installing a transporter style plate switcher.
:D:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts