SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went for the fender flare kit that comes with the 21" wheel package to go with my crazy OR wheels & tires, and opted for black, and...I don't know about this Yogi:

I guess the $10,000 question is, finish the black downwards so the flares don't look dumb, or abort and repaint the flares red, maybe I'll do some photoshopping after dinner to get some perspective...

Thoughts team?

·
Registered
917 Posts
“Holds nose” 👎

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Not loving the black either way. Sorry man :whistle:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Honestly, no.

Sorry man.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Go with the red

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I guess keeping them black you will eventually have to turn the mirrors and the doors frame black too, not to mention the roof railings.

Making them red, simplifies lot of things, plus that if you ever return back to the OEM wheels, then it will definitely look nicer in Red.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would go color matching the red or as an alternative - color match the side view mirrors (metallic grey) however not sure how option 2 would look.

Red would look great though....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorrry- go back to original

·
Registered
411 Posts
it takes away the beauty of the car/tires to the black shiny trim!!..id make it red

·
Registered
226 Posts
Another vote for red here...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well very very crudely...

Sorry to say, I think the black is an absolute backwards step!... It makes the wheels look like they are 16" even if they aren't. I like the idea of red mirrors as well.
I'd also remove the purple decal...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry to say, I think the black is an absolute backwards step!... It makes the wheels look like they are 16" even if they aren't. I like the idea of red mirrors as well.
I'd also remove the purple decal...
Yeah... although I agree it hurts aesthetically, I don’t think he’ll be taking that decal off anytime soon. I believe that’s his California HOV lane pass. Convenience trumps looks in that case.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts