1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Ricy? No way. They are fun.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: Moose Prancing Sticker = Ricey?? (myVolvoS60T5)

I put my moose on for track days. People love it at the ring...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Moose Prancing Sticker = Ricey?? (Johann)

That Dutch humor strikes again

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: Moose Prancing Sticker = Ricey?? (myVolvoS60T5)

It's kind of hard to argue that a bright yellow sticker containing an image of a prancing moose on a safetymobile is anything but ricey...but, really,
who cares? IMHO, if you like something, then get it.

Personally, I get a kick out of it on my car every time I see it. My CIO thought it was cool. The kid at the tire store thought it was cool. It gets the attention of some people in traffic...smiles, laughs, whatever...I don't really care. I guess you could say that it's more there for me than anyone else. And, when it comes right down to it, isn't that what personalization is all about?

-Eric

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Moose Prancing Sticker = Ricey?? (MASH)

I don't think it's "ricey" - moreso Italian. I used to work for the owner of a Ferrari dealerhip, and he drove around his Suzuki Sidekick and Kia Sportage w/ authentic Ferrari badges on the side of the trucks....it was insane but kinda cool at the same time. The badges cost more than 5% of the cars themselves.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: Moose Prancing Sticker = Ricey?? (basscotte)

Now, see, I'd say that using actual Ferrari emblems on a Suzuki would be absolutely "ricey".

The moose is lighthearted, humorous and kind of pokes fun at itself in a self deprecating kind of way but without trying to be something it's not. I guess it's just the fact that it's NOT a Ferrari emblem that makes it work. If it was a horse or a bull it would be laughable. The fact that it's a moose makes it hilarious...and cool.

-Eric

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
How can the moose be ricy?
Exhaust that sound like constant farting is certainly ricy.
Tacked-on nasty looking spoilers which look they were made in someone basement and stand about two or more feet tall...definitely ricy.
A car lowered so much you can't stick your foot under the rocker panels...Ricy!
A car lowered and seemingly without any suspension...Very ricy.
Pick up trucks with this same treatment (which I never could understand), is extremely ricy (and stupid looking).
Exhaust outlets the size of sewer pipe looks silly and ricy
Way oversized wheels - ricy (and stupid)
A little funny moose sticker - no way. Not ricy. Just fun(ny)!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: Moose Prancing Sticker = Ricey?? (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
The kid at the tire store thought it was cool. It gets the attention of some people in traffic...smiles, laughs, whatever...I don't really care. I guess you could say that it's more there for me than anyone else. And, when it comes right down to it, isn't that what personalization is all about?

-Eric

Not if someone thinks otherwise and key-jobed your car instead

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Re: (flybynight)

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »
How can the moose be ricy?
Exhaust that sound like constant farting is certainly ricy.
Tacked-on nasty looking spoilers which look they were made in someone basement and stand about two or more feet tall...definitely ricy.
A car lowered so much you can't stick your foot under the rocker panels...Ricy!
A car lowered and seemingly without any suspension...Very ricy.
Pick up trucks with this same treatment (which I never could understand), is extremely ricy (and stupid looking).
Exhaust outlets the size of sewer pipe looks silly and ricy
Way oversized wheels - ricy (and stupid)
A little funny moose sticker - no way. Not ricy. Just fun(ny)!

EXACTLY! It is poking fun at something, deliberately silly...has nothing to do with ricey-ness

1 - 20 of 26 Posts