SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue with the panoramic moon roof vibrating on one side when closing. It seems to close and seal just fine, but noticed after a recent 20K service at the dealer that the right side of my moon roof vibrates a bit when closing. I called the dealer in Sacramento, and they said that they don't do anything on the 20K service that would have caused that. Unfortunately, the CPO warranty. (only had the car 6 months) will not cover anything to do with the panoramic moonroof. They also would like $325 to diagnose what's wrong with it. I rarely open it all the way, so I may just not worry about it. I usually just crack its open. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A follow up to my post....... I thought the dealer would check the drains and clean and lube the moonroof as part of a 20K service. When I asked them about this, they just said, "we concentrate on the motor compartment only"....... So I just watched five YouTube videos on how to maintain the moonroof, and decided to do this myself. I'm rethinking this whole dealer thing. I usually just bought used Volvos previously and used independent shops or did it myself. I'm thinking of going back to that strategy for the future. ?These people seem to be more concerned about how much money they can get out of you. how disappointing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A follow up to my post....... I thought the dealer would check the drains and clean and lube the moonroof as part of a 20K service. When I asked them about this, they just said, "we concentrate on the motor compartment only"....... So I just watched five YouTube videos on how to maintain the moonroof, and decided to do this myself. I'm rethinking this whole dealer thing. I usually just bought used Volvos previously and used independent shops or did it myself. I'm thinking of going back to that strategy for the future. ?These people seem to be more concerned about how much money they can get out of you. how disappointing.
Exactly, if you can find and Independent Volvo mechanic, in your town, it would be worth it to strike up a relationship with him or her. Read reviews and interview the owner or mechanic to get a feel about how they operate. I am fortunate to have found an independent Volvo only shop here in Houston that has been in business for 38 years. Have used him on my XC40 with no problems. Of course, for now, its only maintenance service on my schedule (every six-months) regardless of mileage. Like Scotty Kilmer says "oil and filters are cheap while engines are expensive". So, change your oil every six-months, because changing it every 10,000 miles or one-year is a joke IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts