SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 4C is somewhat quirky anyway, but I've noticed lately over the last week or so that it tends to have good days and bad days. Even when I don't change it, Sport one day can feel totally different from Sport the next. A bad day, it's crashy and harsh, a good day it's tight but not harsh. I drive the same roads every day, and they are pretty bumpy, so I've grown used to how the R handles them. It's usually good for only a day or two, then back to bad.<p>Perfect example, there are two speed bumps outside my office. On a good day, the R feels like a normal car should over speed bumps. Tight but still dampened and smooth. On a bad day, it feels like I just drove into a 4 inch tall sharp edge and off the other side.<p>I remember Needsdecaf having issues with his 4C being fine sometimes and others excessively harsh and traced it to a faulty connection somewhere. I searched but can't seem to find the thread. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Re: Moody 4C (djkronik57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>djkronik57</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know the 4C is somewhat quirky anyway, but I've noticed lately over the last week or so that it tends to have good days and bad days. Even when I don't change it, Sport one day can feel totally different from Sport the next. A bad day, it's crashy and harsh, a good day it's tight but not harsh. I drive the same roads every day, and they are pretty bumpy, so I've grown used to how the R handles them. It's usually good for only a day or two, then back to bad.<p>Perfect example, there are two speed bumps outside my office. On a good day, the R feels like a normal car should over speed bumps. Tight but still dampened and smooth. On a bad day, it feels like I just drove into a 4 inch tall sharp edge and off the other side.<p>I remember Needsdecaf having issues with his 4C being fine sometimes and others excessively harsh and traced it to a faulty connection somewhere. I searched but can't seem to find the thread. Anyone else have this issue?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You should check to make sure that all your 4C accelerometers are tightly bolted down at their positions. A loose accelerometer will impact 4C negatively.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Moody 4C (djkronik57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>djkronik57</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>I remember Needsdecaf having issues with his 4C being fine sometimes and others excessively harsh and traced it to a faulty connection somewhere. I searched but can't seem to find the thread. Anyone else have this issue?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I wish that my issues were fixed. <p>No luck, I am sorry I wish I could give you better info. And believe me, there have been a LOT of tests run on my car. And everything checks out ok.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Moody 4C (George @ ViVA)

Does anyone have a diagram of where the accelerometers are in an '04 V70R?<p>Thanks.<br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts