SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys Im trying to get suspension for my R and a while back year ago was going to order fronts and rears from rockauto and I believe I was told they came in pairs and were roughly $330 now I'm told it's a single unit for slightly less it's c1501 rear and c2501 front and come as single units is this correct?
Has anyone recently ordered and can chime in and someone that has ordered a while back and let me know if it was for pairs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had bought my struts from IPD and the front and rear were MONROE and i paid 440 a piece and the dealership was gonna charge me about 575 each.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Rockauto sells them as single, or pair per package. Use their "Part # search", look for C2501 and C1501.
C2501:
pack of 2 - $286.79 per strut
single - $326.79 per strut

C1501:
pack of 2 - $285.79
single - $283.89

·
Registered
876 Posts
...and use google to find 5% discount code ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you guys use the spring seat kit and which one I see uro for $99 do you need the whole kit? Or the struts come with the seat?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
876 Posts
Struts do not come with spring seats. I recommend replacing spring seats, and strut support plates (strut bearing) with front struts (depending on your mileage).

#5: support plate: Volvo part #30714968
#6: spring seat: Volvo part #30683637

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
How about for the rears? I am replacing my rear struts and wondering if I need to replace anything else along with them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you have a picture of the rear as of the front above? I would like to know if there should be any plastic at the bottom of the spring as in the front. It just dont feel right with bare metall against each other.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tkanks yes i will be replacing as i hear a rattle and squeeking and believe it's the plate and rubber combination. Easy way to tell I pressed on each corner and was able to discover this problem. And yeah what about rear anything else to do while I'm at it? Also need to do control arm bushings discovered that too. Is is it better to buy the whole thing or just press it out theyr are fairly cheap around$30 as opposed to the whole arm. Thanks

·
Registered
745 Posts
Rockauto sells them as single, or pair per package. Use their "Part # search", look for C2501 and C1501.
C2501:
pack of 2 - $286.79 per strut
single - $326.79 per strut

C1501:
pack of 2 - $285.79
single - $283.89
I just recently ordered the same part numbers from Rockauto. No problems.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Struts do not come with spring seats. I recommend replacing spring seats, and strut support plates (strut bearing) with front struts (depending on your mileage).

#5: support plate: Volvo part #30714968
#6: spring seat: Volvo part #30683637

My bump stops (#7) were looking a little beat when I just did my struts. I reused them, but that's another part to think about if you have things apart anyway. I also put on new boots (#9). These do not come with the struts.

It might also be a good idea to keep an extra line mount (#14) handy in case you break one when moving it over to the new strut. I broke one. Don't just try to pry it off. You need to back out the pin from behind to release it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Do you have a picture of the rear as of the front above? I would like to know if there should be any plastic at the bottom of the spring as in the front. It just dont feel right with bare metall against each other.
There is nothing on the bottom of rear spring. It's is metal on metal.

The only rubber parts here are #4, #5 and #19.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts