SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Onezero's S40 2008

Hi everyone !

I'm Arthur currently 23 and I'm from Europe. This is my stanced S40.
Of course this thread started on the 26th of August 2013 and since then I made some progress with my volvo and many "miles" ( kilometres ).

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
You're the 3rd person I've seen to do the black on the facelift headlights, but the 1st person I've seen do it with a black car! Looks great!

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
Yeah, it looks good! Still waiting for someone to manage to paint the whole headlight
AJ (Carreragt7) did on a facelift, I did on a pre-facelift.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
MNIWT: Oh! Have to get a look at it. :)
I've heard there's some issues with primer and such on the headlights and that's why most people only paint the "frame".

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
MNIWT: Oh! Have to get a look at it. :)
I've heard there's some issues with primer and such on the headlights and that's why most people only paint the "frame".
The plastic I painted with a Krylon black spray paint and clear coated. The chrome I painted with plasti-dip so I can always peel it off if I get tired of the look.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you very much for all the good thoughts and words. i wanted to do something unique to my car and the first step was the black headlights. i wanted all black just like belle but then i changed my mind and did my own "thing". i never thought that people on this forum would be so nice to me, thank you once again!. the next step is changing all the filters and belts and after that i'm going to put on a custom exhaust, if i don't change my mind till then because i'm still in doubt about how it's going to sound. i'm going to drop the car with 30 mm and put some wheel spacers so it would be some sort of stance but not exactly. more to come..

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
We're all pretty nice here on SwedeSpeed :) There can be some strong opinions and a LOT of sarcasm, but this is one of the most friendly forums I've ever come across.

The cabin filter will be a pain in the butt, but the stickies have some good info that will get you through it all. How many miles/kilometers are on the car right now?

Can't say I know much about getting a nice sound with a 1.6D, I've only ever seen one diesel S40 in America, which was imported.

I'm on lowering springs and spacers and I really like the stance, but I do wish to drop the rear a little bit more.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yeah a lot of people who lowered the car wants the rear a little bit lower, myself included.
I know one guy here in Sweden who lowered his C30 with different springs in front and rear. Something like 25mm front and 35mm rear. Looked a lot better actually, but double the cost..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have right now ~ 136.000 km. i do know the problem about the exhaust at 1.6d and my main fear is not to have a tractor sound, i'd like to have a sporty lamborghini sound. hard to do but who knows? i checked the cabin filter and yes, it's a pain in the ass, especially getting passed at the gas pedal.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so today i had a little time and since i am waiting for my package from the u.s. i decided to do half of the whole trunk 'modification'. i added a blue light and a clear white, i also installed the painted-amplifier, no cables added. i will do the next part that includes the sub-woofer, the farad capacitor, the bass gain controller and the rca line out converter. all this when the package is going to arrive, since i placed the order two or three weeks it supposed to arrive, but didn't show up. anyway, i hope you like what i did, becasue i pretty much do like what i did, lol.:p
here are some pictures:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
today i decided to fix the problem with the parking sensors. i got this error when i bought the car and when i did a vida test it showed that the second parking sensor [from the left, the drivers side] is faulty. i removed some interior parts from the trunk, the rear lights and the rear bumper to get to the sensor and what a surprise: all 4 sensor work perfectly [after i tested each separately] but i have a cable error, somewhat. better said, all my sensors work only that the second one somehow doesn't get any power. i'm going to continue the work tomorrow. any ideas?

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.