SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a date for our car show/gathering for this summer.

Date: 8-17-2013 from 8am - 10am
Where: Momentum Volvo 10150 Southwest Fwy, Houston 77074

We decided to do a scaled back show this time to see how much interest we get. I know it's hot but it's early enough to not really matter...beside we will have our air conditioned showroom open to cool down.

We want all of you guys and gals to come show your car regardless of it being stock or race ready. We will have a gourmet coffee company in house for the event. We also will have a couple non-tuned cars and a couple Polestar tuned cars available for comparison testing with salesmen. So come bring your car, meet some good people, drive the two different cars, and have some fun for a couple hours!

I do need to get a tentative car count so please let me know if you plan on making the event. I know it's only a couple hours but maybe we can plan a lunch together afterwards also. For those of you out of towners, staying over Friday night would be a good option. A lot of the Houston guys are very gracious and may allow you to crash at their houses, but if you need advice on where to stay, shoot me an e-mail.

If all goes well and we get a good crowd, I will do a larger show in the fall paired with one of our great charities!

Richard.Forsythe at momentumjvp dot com

aka Moosetech on C30CREW.com

update- Polestar reps will be present for any questions and Polestar promotions!
Car count
1. Moosetech
2. DTL
3. Given_to
4. ThatsHowIRoll
5. BPETE
6. Dustoff44
7. Jerome Bailey-S60R
8. C30nDFW (Dallas)
9. Flux88MPH (Austin)
10. Focus2069 (Dallas)
11. Distorto
12. Jose M Vallejo
13. Nick Hindes
14. Linc6603-S60R
15. Riley Dee- maybe (OKC)
16. RobRoshong- V70R
17. RoshongJR- XC70
18. Leon
19. Rusty
20. Volvo_lifer
21. Balntn--P1800!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know most of the c30crew group will be there. Moose Tech is probably the best Volvo tech anywhere
thanks Dustoff, I try..... looking forward to the C30 madness that day but still would like the S60R crowd and the older brick crowd to join! not to mention the 850/s70 guys/gals!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey cracker jack what it do, its me felix. Think ill crash your party here...n did I read this right it shows Jerry has a s60r? Wwwhhaaa???

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey cracker jack what it do, its me felix. Think ill crash your party here...n did I read this right it shows Jerry has a s60r? Wwwhhaaa???
you again...haha! what's up man, I heard you got married. Congrats! Make sure you stay on your best behavior this time. We don't want any S60R deaths this time ;) ! Speaking of, do you have a Volvo anymore??? By "crashing my party", do you mean you are coming to the show? and Yes Jerome did buy a 2004 S60R. His S70 burnt a valve racing a BMW since he never had it tuned properly...then we put it all back together and found a large crack across the back of the block. So that thing is down waiting on him the build up a spare block he took out of an old 850R. The S60R is dark gray with baseball glove interior. It's a nice car and has a BSR tune, Magnaflow exhaust, and some other little things. I'm sure he will manage to screw it up somehow. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks man, and hell yeah I still have a volvo... just got my 3rd R. my mom just got a red 06 R. you know what happen to my first R my second R I just traded for a R I bought from California...a sonic blue 06 R with baseball interior. and according to VCNA it's 1 of 8 ! here's some pictures. oh and yes I plan on being there I really wanna see some polestar . but my wife is pregnant and due in 8 weeks so hopefully we won't have any problems with traveling to Houston . Man that sucks for Jerry the s70 was cool as ****, at least he has an R though. make sure you let him know that I said my R is way better than his lmao, I got some Pegasus machine faced wheels ordered from ipd so the rims on it will be gone as soon as I get the wheels in. but they are backorder sui it's gonna b a while
here's my old R

AND HERE'S MY NEW BABY

I re painted the rims, they had some large chips in the paint and then repolished the lips of it, they are stock volvo vector wheels

the wheels I ordered

and here's my 850r

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
cool man...congrats on the new baby! we also had our second baby on May 2nd this year.

Car looks great. Hopefully those IPD wheels work out for you. I have heard they don't clear the Brembos (case different than Volvo Pegs) but I could be way wrong on that one. Show starts at 8 but be here at 7:30 if possible for parking reasons. I'd like to park yours next to Jerome's

BTW, we are now a Kpax dealer! I post over on C30Crew.com so join up over there and search "Momentum" and you can see all the cool stuff we are into these days.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah man I saw your fam is getting big, that's great!
cool I will try n get there early sounds badass. yeah the ipd wheels will fit I did a whole bunch of research to make sure... the only thing I don't like it's that I'm gonna have to use centering rings because the bore is 73mm and stock bore is 65.1.. cool ill sign up on c30crew....I really don't know what kpax is though? guess I'll find out when I sign up

·
Registered
1 Posts
New old guy here. I'm planning on being there with my recently purchased 2013 Polestar-tuned C-30 R design 6-speed to see what I can pick up from the experts. A little background - this is my 3rd Volvo, the previous 2 being a 1982 245 Turbo and a 1993 850GLT.

Rusty

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New old guy here. I'm planning on being there with my recently purchased 2013 Polestar-tuned C-30 R design 6-speed to see what I can pick up from the experts. A little background - this is my 3rd Volvo, the previous 2 being a 1982 245 Turbo and a 1993 850GLT.

Rusty
Excellent! congrats on the new C30! I will add you to the list. Also visit us over at C30Crew.com for all c30 related events

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cool! I've had to flake out on the last couple of local events, but I will try to be there!

·
Registered
134 Posts
no flaking out this time! I'll add you to the list. what type of car do you have?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I have a stock 2011 C30 R-Design. Not planning to "show", but definitely interested in showing up!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
honestly, most of the cars on the list are relatively stock so it's more of a gathering/meet rather than a"show" so your car will be great as is

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1 - 20 of 34 Posts