SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have them? I know they were brought up in another wheel thread. I'm thinking about getting a V60 and changing the 17-inch Sadias to 18-inch Modins. I think they look good with black: http://www.niham.nl/occasions/volvo-v60-d2-20-summum-winter-line-business-pack-pro-3tfn39/

The Modins aren't part of the car builder on the US site (but they do appear on the Volvo Accessories site). The main problem would seem to be they would be really pricey to add to a car via the dealer.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! I forgotten about those Freja wheels. Good idea. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
They can be had for much less than $300/wheel.

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a fan...

I would rather have IXION or step up to 19" and get the BOR wheels; arguably, the best looking wheel of all Volvo wheels (well, until the new XC90 arrives).
If I lived in southern California, I would totally get the 19" Bors. Alas, I live in northern Ohio and don't know if going with 19" rims is a good idea. So many potholes...

I like the idea of the 18" Ixions though.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Not a fan...

I would rather have IXION or step up to 19" and get the BOR wheels; arguably, the best looking wheel of all Volvo wheels (well, until the new XC90 arrives).
No argument here ;)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
If I lived in southern California, I would totally get the 19" Bors. Alas, I live in northern Ohio and don't know if going with 19" rims is a good idea. So many potholes...

I like the idea of the 18" Ixions though.
I hear ya.. don't tell anyone, but I did get a slight bend on the inside of one of my Bor's last month. Next set of tires, gonna try 245's, which at the same aspect ratio (40) will give me few more mm's of sidewall. Not looking to go with another set of smaller rims unless I have to. If so, I'll get something aftermarket that has a better negative offset to bring the wheels out of hiding in the fender...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Hubcapheaven and similar sites are always refurbs.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hubcapheaven and similar sites are always refurbs.
Out of curiosity, how do you know this? Your answer was a very dogmatic one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts