SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,I have ordered the r-design trims for my XC60 2012 D3. Now i have the problem with the unique skid plate bumper. The unique skid plate bumper has two end pipe available. But my XC60 has only one end pipe on the left side.

[/URL][/IMG]

I just installed the unique skid plate bumper.

[/URL][/IMG]

I'm planning to let the exhaust shop to fix the other end pipe by welding the extend pipe detach with the muffler only. Not any modify inside the muffler. Just for look nice. (As the idea picture i found)

[/URL][/IMG]

One problem, i not sure that i will disconnect the battery before welding the extend pipe or not. (First car with Can-bus system.)
If need to disconnect the battery. After connect the battery, Will it need any setting on the system?
What's the material of Volvo muffler? The Volvo muffler material is better than the others that i ever seen.It look like half Stainless half Aluminum. :confused:
Thank you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I just installed the unique skid plate. I saw on the exhaust pipe has a letter look like S403. I think it may be stainless steel material.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why not get an R-design rear end muffler aswell?

Just having an extra pipe with no exhausts coming out of it will look really strange.

/Martin

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not get an R-design rear end muffler aswell?

Just having an extra pipe with no exhausts coming out of it will look really strange.

/Martin
Because it's not worth. Many reason:- R-design muffler is too expensive, the freight is more more expensive and it need to cut the pipe that i don't want cut.
I will extend the extra pipe and the end pipes tomorrow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My CO CO. ;) I love her very much.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts