SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Expect volvo to drop the ball on this one and leave lots of ppl stranded.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Dude you said in another thread expect some outage...

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
I have told you specifically that an upgrade is coming. Expect something in the next 2-3 weeks.
Chip Shortages. Covid Delays. Staffing shortages (I'm Sure). All contributory factors on why things haven't progressed as quickly as many would like. I'm sure Volvo takes no joy in leaving owners hanging at the moment. But you've always been very up front about what's taking place.

To that I say, we just need to wait and be patient.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
He has...I guess. Volvo has not and whoever his boss is doesn't have a clue what's going on or at least gives that appearance.

Reactions: chrisjj

·
Registered
Fafnir: 2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription, Ember Black
201 Posts
Do the XC90s from recent years have an upgraded modem or does everyone have 3G

I’m fortunate enough to be in Canada where 3G is extended to 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Volvo has done a piss poor job communicating it though. I even signed up for the email info and get nothing. I realize there isn't a "fix the 3g problem" department, but the silence is a poor decision, and even just giving occasional updates or non updates would cost nothing and provide customer satisfaction to know at least it's being worked on to the best ability given current conditions.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Do the XC90s from recent years have an upgraded modem or does everyone have 3G

I’m fortunate enough to be in Canada where 3G is extended to 2025.

SPA MY17+ 90 series, SPA MY18+ 60 series,
CMA ~ MY19+ 40 have 4G LTE.

FWIW, speculation that MY23s will have 5G. I think that I read that but others could confirm.

Jumó to Volvo Cars App & General Connectivity
Volvo Cars App & General Connectivity
For consolidated threads on the subject of VOC and 3G upgrade.

+10 for @WhoaVolvo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Volvo has done a piss poor job communicating it though. I even signed up for the email info and get nothing. I realize there isn't a "fix the 3g problem" department, but the silence is a poor decision, and even just giving occasional updates or non updates would cost nothing and provide customer satisfaction to know at least it's being worked on to the best ability given current conditions.
Where Volvo fails in communicaton (miserably at times), Swedespped has @WhoaVolvo to fill in the gaps.

That's fortunate for us and unfortunate for anybody that does not know about this forum and is left in the dark wondering what's going on.

Reactions: ktbos and DFrantz

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Where Volvo fails in communicaton (miserably at times), Swedespped has @WhoaVolvo to fill in the gaps.

That's fortunate for us and unfortunate for anybody that does not know about this forum and is left in the dark wondering what's going on.
Absolutely! But I'd say we on the forums represent a tiny percentage of Volvo owners.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Absolutely! But I'd say we on the forums represent a tiny percentage of Volvo owners.
My precise point! We're lucky to have him, because Volvo at times has piss poor communication with the consumer.

Even if Volvo came out with a newsletter/ email stating due to coronavirus delays, we are running behind and expect the modem to be out at the end of the fourth quarter. It would be better than leaving people wondering what's going on.

Reactions: DFrantz

·
Registered
201 Posts
My precise point! We're lucky to have him, because Volvo at times has piss poor communication with the consumer.

Even if Volvo came out with a newsletter/ email stating due to coronavirus delays, we are running behind and expect the modem to be out at the end of the fourth quarter. It would be better than leaving people wondering what's going on.
Maybe if we just keep calling Volvo Care and asking, then we could raise some noise.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Maybe if we just keep calling Volvo Care and asking, then we could raise some noise.

@WhoaVolvo said wait a few weeks, so I'd do just that. He works for Volvo's IT TEAM and he gave us an answer. @WhoaVolvo has been helpful and informative on similar issues in the past. Harassing customer care won't likely change or expedite the situation.

·
Registered
201 Posts
@WhoaVolvo said wait a few weeks, so I'd do just that. He works for Volvo's IT TEAM and he gave us an answer. @WhoaVolvo has been helpful and informative on similar issues in the past. Harassing customer care won't likely change or expedite the situation.
Oh I said nothing in harassing them. Simply keep asking on “when will be an updated answer?” That way reports of this topic gets elevated and the upper echelon will begin to see this trend and start to work towards it as a higher priority. A simple request. Not a demand they fix it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts