SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overseas Delivery Model Year 2013 car specification guides and provisional prices have been released and are posted online. These provisional prices replace the "Price Protection" offer. Provisional prices will be in effect until official 2013 Model Year Overseas Delivery Program prices are announced.

These provisional prices are the 2012 Model Year Overseas Delivery base prices plus $1,000. If the actual Model Year 2013 base price is lower than the provisional base price, a customer will pay the lower actual price when final payment is due. If the actual price is higher, the customer pays the lower provisional price. So there is no reason to wait to submit your order.

If you would like to save with "Provisional Pricing" and secure an early delivery date and vacation in Europe with your new Volvo act quickly and order your car soon! Please call or email Bob Kennedy at University Volvo in Charlotte, North Carolina or myself at Lawrence Volvo in Walnut Creek, California.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There's no more dynamic package for the S60 T5 or the XC60 T6? Any reason why thats been stopped?

EDIT: I have a hunch that "Rebel Blue" color is the Polestar blue The name alone for some reason just gives it away :D

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no more dynamic package for the S60 T5 or the XC60 T6? Any reason why thats been stopped?

EDIT: I have a hunch that "Rebel Blue" color is the Polestar blue The name alone for some reason just gives it away :D
I have no idea why there is no Dynamic Package available. A few of my S60 customers have ordered the Dynamic Package but I can't recall any who ordered it for their XC60.

Rebel Blue appears to be a new color for Volvo. I could not find anything about it and have already asked my factory rep for a sample. I'm with you on the Polestar Blue idea...that would be great.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have no idea why there is no Dynamic Package available. A few of my S60 customers have ordered the Dynamic Package but I can't recall any who ordered it for their XC60.

Rebel Blue appears to be a new color for Volvo. I could not find anything about it and have already asked my factory rep for a sample. I'm with you on the Polestar Blue idea...that would be great.
Hopefully they keep the dynamic package for the S60. I can't really speak about how well it drives w/o the dynamic chassis since the only S60 I've driven was a T6 with dynamic chassis, which I liked quite a bit. Be nice on the lighter T5.

Quick questions: It said on the C30 pdf that the polestar tune is "T5 only" is that a typo? Also, is the automatic option on the C30 still a 5 speed?

@ES60: I hope it is! Its super striking and would look uber good on the C30, S60 and XC60!

·
Registered
12,052 Posts
I am going to add this here, even though there is a thread about it already...but it applies to those who may be seeking pricing on the 2013 models.

Effective May 1, 2012 there will be a Peak Season Surcharge with a Volvo Overseas Delivery Tourist Program purchase. The value and cost of the two complimentary airline tickets has increased quite significantly over the last couple of years. The rising cost of oil and fuel charges imposed by the airlines, travel taxes, as well as the high cost of travel during the summer means that the costs for tickets are especially high during the peak season. This surcharge is being introduced in order to be able to maintain the two complimentary tickers with an Overseas Delivery Tourist car order.

The Peak Season Surcharge will be applicable to all new orders received by Volvo after May 1, 2012 with a European delivery date in June, July, or August. The charge is $150 per traveler, so a maximum of $300 per car. This charge will be payable to the Volvo travel agency. Order your Volvo now and avoid the Peak Season Surcharge this summer.

So, as you can see the economic conditions world wide are having an impact on the peak tourist season in Europe. STILL, $300 is not a huge amount to pay to get to Europe during the summer months.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any idea what would be the earliest OSD pickup date for 2013 S60(rebel blue)?
We can't tell exactly until the order is received by Volvo, maybe late July... but definitely August if the order is submitted soon.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick questions: It said on the C30 pdf that the polestar tune is "T5 only" is that a typo? Also, is the automatic option on the C30 still a 5 speed?

@ES60: I hope it is! Its super striking and would look uber good on the C30, S60 and XC60!
I noticed the note about "Polestar" on the C30 specification guide also. I have already sent my factory rep an email about it. I believe it is a typo, as the only engine offered in the C30 for the US market is the T5.

Yes, if Rebel Blue is the same color as the "Polestar Blue" race car it would be a great addition to the color choices for the C30, S60 and XC60!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Late July would be the absolute earliest time one could pick up a MY13 in Sweden. August is more like it.

Finally, Rebel Blue IS the Polestar Blue paint.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Rebel Blue IS the Polestar Blue paint.
Yannis,

Thanks for clarifying this. I am glad the Polestar Blue is the color!

However...

I can soon see the following:

A Volvo guy in Charlotte will claim it's Carolina Tarheels Blue...

And a Volvo guy in San Diego will claim it's Chargers Powder Blue...

But no matter which team you root for...

the Polestar team,

the Carolina Tarheels team,

or the San Diego Chargers team.

That old car saying will apply.

Win on Sunday.

Sell on Monday.

I think this is a fantastic color choice!

·
Super Moderator
3,778 Posts
VERY interesting! NO 4 cylinder engines! I thought that they were supposed to show up here for the 2013 MY. HONESTLY, can't say that I miss them...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
VERY interesting! NO 4 cylinder engines! I thought that they were supposed to show up here for the 2013 MY. HONESTLY, can't say that I miss them...
They will be but not on every model (initially) and not until another year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
And a Volvo guy in San Diego will claim it's Chargers Powder Blue...
Definitely Chargers blue! I may have to get a new car sooner than expected--gotta support the home team...

·
Registered
12,052 Posts

I can soon see the following:

A Volvo guy in Charlotte will claim it's Carolina Tarheels Blue...

I am NOT a Tarheel !!!!! I am a Fla State SEMINOLE!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at the 2013 XC60 pricing. Am I reading correctly that navigation and the park assist camera are now only available with the upgraded "Premium Sound Multimedia" audio system (order code 830)?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm looking at the 2013 XC60 pricing. Am I reading correctly that navigation and the park assist camera are now only available with the upgraded "Premium Sound Multimedia" audio system (order code 830)?
No, that is incorrect and has been pointed out the staff at Volvo's corporate offices. It will be changed on the updated Overseas Delivery 2013 XC60 specification guide.

A 2013 XC60 does not need the "Premium Sound System" in order to get the "Rear Park Assist Camera".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts