SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T6 currently has the mods in my Sig. With the recent addition of the TDI box, I am considering the value in switching to a more aggressively protective oil. I also want to

I am currently running castrol Edge full synthetic. anything i get will be changed at 10k miles.

I am considering:

AMsoil signature 5w30, (i cant figure out if its an ester base or not)

Motul Econergy 0w30

Liquimolly from FCP Euro (free replacement)
Liquimolly would probably run the CeraTec additive

What are you guys running? My engine has 115k miles on it, and i just want to be sure i am doing the best i can (within reason) for oil.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Interesting I didn’t know about Liquimolly from FCP Euro (free replacement)

That’s the oil I put in my 12 T-6 mine has 200K on the clock mods are IPD dp, snabb turbo intake pipe, magnaflow muffler, GFB diverter, DIY cai ( like the one on here ) soon buying a do88

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra Full Syn 5W30 - it comes with an engine internals warranty, no issues for last 40K. I'd go for the LiquiMoly and FCP's return warranty but at this point just sticking with what I've been running.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cost and such aside, my research seems to show that the Motul 300V is the absolute best oil i could run, followed by the Amsoil, then the motul. But with oils its kind of hard to corroborate.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I always put Motul 300v in Europe since we do not have LiquidMolly (too expensive to import)
Amsoil not in France for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts