SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you recommend a Mod friendly dealer in the Boston area. The dealer I purchased from had issues w/a TME catback (my only mod to date) when I recently went back for an oil change. The service manager went out of his way to let me know that the catback could cause serious problems in the future. Keep in mind the car is an 06 w/3,000 and no problems to date, all I wanted was an oil change not a lecture. Needless to say I need to find a new dealer who is a bit more reasonable.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Re: Mod Friendly/Reasonable Dealers in Boston Area (Stratton)

No great suggestions for mod-friendly, but I'd be interested to know which dealer gave you the lecture... IM me?<p>Tom.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re: (p0cket penguins)

I highly recommend Performance Motoring Inc. in Hadley, Massachusetts. They are an independent pre-owned Volvo dealership, and an authorized IPD distributor. The owner races a Volvo in SCCA ITB and also drives in the Speed World Challenge. They did an excellent job on my S60 T-5 (downpipe,exhaust,springs). <br> Performance Motoring Inc.<br> Rte. 9 Hadley, Massachusetts<br> 413-584-6090<br> <A HREF="http://www.performancemotoring.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.performancemotoring.com</A>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Think Fast)

These guys are great! They put on my TME exhaust. I just wish they were closer (80 miles from my house).

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts

I know them well. Used to go up to UMass Amherst. I'd like to go see them but since they are 1.5 hours out or so, I'm going to someone local. I gotta get my sways installed soon too.<p>Swedish Motors<br>1090 Commonwealth Ave<br>Boston, MA 02215<br>(617) 731-3812<br>

·
Registered
24 Posts

I can strongly recommend Farrell Volvo in Southboro, MA. They installed TME springs and the rear sways on my car. Zero problems and the service manager, (John), was very positive about the results. I also have had all my service done here for the last 7 years. Excellent service.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>p0cket penguins</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">swedish motors said they wouldnt do sways and everytime i call and ask he yells no then hangs up</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Very interesting. I know there are a couple of other guys in the area but they won't install aftermarket parts. Let me see if I can find an indy shop to do it.<br>

·
Registered
246 Posts
Re: (nevolvo)

I've also had very good service at Farrell Volvo, but didn't think they would be enthusiastic about mods. They weren't keen on replacing the rear sway bar when I asked . . . even though my car's rear suspension was already disassembled for rear subframe & control-arm bushing repairs.<p>Your spring/sway install must have been at a later date, nevolvo.<p> - Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: (geoguy)

We had the springs and rear sway done in late January 06'. Ask for John Bettinger, service manager. He really liked the mod and told me that he would do them for certain other customers. It helps if you have a good relationship with him and he feels comfortable with your understanding of the modifications and their implications.<p>Basically, the customer needs to understand that they are making major changes to their car. It will perform better for most of us but this is very subjective. Some people may not like it, get upset, blame him, and cause trouble. Like demanding them to return it to stock for free or other sillyness.<p>All of this kind of work is "pay as you go" and you might not like the new springs or sways or maybe they made a little rattle worse or whatever. Then <U>you</U> will have to pay them to return it to stock or find the rattle that wasn't noticable before, etc. . . <p>I feel like I'm speaking for them and I'm really not. Contact them directly and feel each other out. If the chemestry is good, and they do the work then you'll probably be very happy. I feel very fortunate to have found these guys.<p>Good Luck<p>04' S60R GT TME springs / rear sway. 07' next

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Re: (nevolvo)

I have to agree that Farrell is a quality operation, I've been going there for years (10+). To me the best thing is they're a smaller shop that lives on just the one brand. You have to know they do it right. Which they do. Only thing I'll add is you don't have to ask for John to get good service. Andy, Scott and Sean do exactly the same.<p>Tom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts