SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need cash so I'm willing to let these go.

Lip was bought from the infamous MNIWT :)
I'm asking for $230 + shipping
-passenger side winglet 1 of 2 screw holes broken. I got it like that ask him yourself.

Steering wheel was bought from -ForceFed-
I'm asking $130 + shipping

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa! The front of your car is looking seriously mean! I wish I had the coin for that lip right now...
Thanks. I don't have the rgb LEDs anymore I ripped them out since I was SUPPOSEDLY going to trade it in :(

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Whoa! The front of your car is looking seriously mean! I wish I had the coin for that lip right now...
You have a Heico lip! Don't downgrade!

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Same here bro. I really like how it looks. I wonder if universal lip kits are the same with this one.
Thanks! It's not a universal lip. This finalized design was made from a dynamic trim lip and a few other parts I needed. All plastic, so it can take a bit of a beating. Not like my early fiberglass prototypes.

If you're talking about adding garage door gasket to the bottom of it, it is possible, but it looks tacky in my opinion... We all know a fake gasket lip when we see it.
I did however use the small edge of the door gasket to create a grounding effect without it looking too cheap.

Is this lip still available? Maybe a special deal for buying it back? Part of me wants to see this back on my old S40...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! It's not a universal lip. This finalized design was made from a dynamic trim lip and a few other parts I needed. All plastic, so it can take a bit of a beating. Not like my early fiberglass prototypes.

If you're talking about adding garage door gasket to the bottom of it, it is possible, but it looks tacky in my opinion... We all know a fake gasket lip when we see it.
I did however use the small edge of the door gasket to create a grounding effect without it looking too cheap.

Is this lip still available? Maybe a special deal for buying it back? Part of me wants to see this back on my old S40...
I see. I don't know much about these lips so I let my brother installed a lip on my s40 which he bought from All-fit automotive . So far I am happy with with it. But I really like the one you have, too bad I don't have enough money to buy one as of now.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
I see. I don't know much about these lips so I let my brother installed a lip on my s40 which he bought from All-fit automotive . So far I am happy with with it. But I really like the one you have, too bad I don't have enough money to buy one as of now.
Sorry, but that "lip" kit is just the same garage door gasket from the hardware store. A real lip is plastic/carbon fiber/fiber glass/etc. and it an extension of the front bumper. If designed right, it's to help split the air and prevent less air from running under the vehicle at higher speeds.

Not saying the gasket lips can't look good, I've seen a few that were done very well on these cars. But I've seen more that just looked like someone cheaped out to "modify" their car.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hey Micheal sorry it's gone jscott took it. I believe he has your rear diffuser trim as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts