SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
The plug is already there under the hood. Yes, you need a switch. Any switch will work - they are all the same, only configuration matrix differs. Take any switch and resolder 1-2 resistors for the switch to act like aux lights switch.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
photo dump

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Looking awesome.

Forgot to follow up.
So you're saying the connection of lights to power goes to under hood via what route? Along A-pillar on the outside? Tucked under or beside the trim and through cowl? And then the plug from under hood to cabin is already there so it's just a matter of getting a switch in the dash to close the circuit? Where does the wire come to the cabin? Console or over by the light switch left of the steering wheel?
The plug is already there under the hood. Yes, you need a switch. Any switch will work - they are all the same, only configuration matrix differs. Take any switch and resolder 1-2 resistors for the switch to act like aux lights switch.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Forgot to follow up.
So you're saying the connection of lights to power goes to under hood via what route? Along A-pillar on the outside? Tucked under or beside the trim and through cowl? And then the plug from under hood to cabin is already there so it's just a matter of getting a switch in the dash to close the circuit? Where does the wire come to the cabin? Console or over by the light switch left of the steering wheel?
There's a factory-installed plug for aux lights, it sits near air filter box. You can plug you own harness into it, via relay. The plug is powered by CEM when it sees CCM aux lights button pressed and the high beams are turned on. Everything here is a part of factory install, you just need a CCM button with proper ID (encoded via resistor matrix inside the button - take any button and resolder the matrix).

I had my own wiring hidden behind A-pillar outside trim, see pictures above.

·
Registered
92 Posts
MN-TURBOR you have done a wonderful job. Your XC70 is probably the best looking XC I have ever seen, very tasteful.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Thanks, man.
There's a factory-installed plug for aux lights, it sits near air filter box. You can plug you own harness into it, via relay. The plug is powered by CEM when it sees CCM aux lights button pressed and the high beams are turned on. Everything here is a part of factory install, you just need a CCM button with proper ID (encoded via resistor matrix inside the button - take any button and resolder the matrix).

I had my own wiring hidden behind A-pillar outside trim, see pictures above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
MN-TURBOR you have done a wonderful job. Your XC70 is probably the best looking XC I have ever seen, very tasteful.
thank you! you have to check out @eric_samuelson XC70.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Just wanted to say that’s a really good looking XC. Just shows how timeless that P2 styling is.
thanks! yea people dont believe its that old but still looks modern.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
3 Posts
video of the muffler delete is up

https://youtu.be/3mTMaOpchjQ

hey there, this is super nice!

could you tell me more about the muffler delete? Specifically what kind of pipe (size) you used to connect from stock exhaust to new Dynomax 36473 Tip?

My muffler is showing age, and rather not spend money on a new quiet muffler but this mod sound super appealing and would like to try it. Also what kind of front tow hook is that?

Gorgeous looking XC!

·
Registered
86 Posts
installed Sachs shocks and OEM coilsprings and added the CCP strut spacers in the rear. lets hope it looks like this still once it settles!

there's a sub, a tool box and all the old parts in the hatch.

AFTER:

BEFORE:

Your car looks amazing. I’m trying to do the rear suspension on my xc70 and have run into issues. How did you put the strut back to the knuckle?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
hey there, this is super nice!

could you tell me more about the muffler delete? Specifically what kind of pipe (size) you used to connect from stock exhaust to new Dynomax 36473 Tip?

My muffler is showing age, and rather not spend money on a new quiet muffler but this mod sound super appealing and would like to try it. Also what kind of front tow hook is that?

Gorgeous looking XC!
hey! i just had the shop delete the rear muffler and replace it with a pipe they had to do the bends to make it fit but i think it was a 2.5in pipe.

i attached this loop into the front tow hook:
https://www.amazon.com/motormic-Uni...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EGMA05RSSP0TDFSPSECD

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Your car looks amazing. I’m trying to do the rear suspension on my xc70 and have run into issues. How did you put the strut back to the knuckle?

from what i know it was a pain to get it back in, CCP was no help with tip or tricks on how they get em in. just told me it was easy....
i had to leave the shop when they were putting it back together but it took a bit of work to get back in, might be easy if you do the subframe spacers first if you choose to do those spacers. i did not add subframe spacers.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts