SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey! I'm back in a XC70. I had a 01 V70XC in 2015 and recently picked up a 07 XC70 with 110k miles on it.

enjoy the photos and slight transformation.

Wheels: Pegs 17in
Tires: Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 235/60/17
Tint: 30% Ceramic
Trim: Forever Black
Exhaust: Muffler delete + Dynomax 36473 Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
Tune: Shark Performance USA Stage 1

spoiler and roof rack/cargo carrier coming soon!

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
You got an Orca! Nice!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Not bad at all :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice wagon! Black pegs look great on it. Did you wrap your side mirrors? Decided I needed mudflaps after seeing yours so I ordered a set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
LARRY! Holy crap - that's a sharp car! I guess I forgot what you had!
Nice wagon! Black pegs look great on it. Did you wrap your side mirrors? Decided I needed mudflaps after seeing yours so I ordered a set.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
yes! matte black vinyl wrapped mirrors!

nice spoiler!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Welcome to the club
OMG! i got the same decal on order and I have R calipers to install sometime next year.

you used the same brake hose? is there any write up on the brake upgrade?

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
No spacers or anything, right?
You have no rub? No suspension lift to fit those tires? Stock OEM Pegs or IPD?
I might have to get some semigloss black dip for the pegs with the bad finish...

thanks ZZZZZZZ!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It has ss lines for a R, no spacers, and installed S60 awd springs to lower it a little, IPD sways, delrin subframe bushings. Snabb fmic, green injectors, Contrast tune, 8fab downpipe and EST cat back. She runs real nice. The R calipers bolt right up to the knuckle. Pegs are original. Also running a K16 with aftermkt wheel.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
No spacers or anything, right?
You have no rub? No suspension lift to fit those tires? Stock OEM Pegs or IPD?
I might have to get some semigloss black dip for the pegs with the bad finish...

stock height, OEM pegs. no spacers and no rubbing issues. i will try and do a full lock left and right and pay attention to any noises but so far about 400 miles on these tires no issues. fitment in the rear is close enough without causing issues at stock height, idk why volvos didnt center the axle to the rear wheel wells!
maybe 2-3in higher and it might make contact. antherzoll's got bigger tires and a higher lift without issues if im not mistaken.

you can stick a tiny finger in there lol

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It has ss lines for a R, no spacers, and installed S60 awd springs to lower it a little, IPD sways, delrin subframe bushings. Snabb fmic, green injectors, Contrast tune, 8fab downpipe and EST cat back. She runs real nice. The R calipers bolt right up to the knuckle. Pegs are original. Also running a K16 with aftermkt wheel.
i dont plan on doing the R caliper anytime soon but i do have to installed new brake hoses and bought SS XC hoses. i hope those will work with the R calipers.

man your setup is perfect. i need to do derlin subframe on this and my R. and IPD sways on this for sure and a do88 IC come spring.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
license plate bulb was out so upgraded to some LEDs

Sylvania LED 2825

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
stock height, OEM pegs. no spacers and no rubbing issues. i will try and do a full lock left and right and pay attention to any noises but so far about 400 miles on these tires no issues. fitment in the rear is close enough without causing issues at stock height, idk why volvos didnt center the axle to the rear wheel wells!
maybe 2-3in higher and it might make contact. antherzoll's got bigger tires and a higher lift without issues if im not mistaken.

you can stick a tiny finger in there lol
The tire size that I'm running of 29" will rub without modification to the rear well. Young satchel and quite a few others are running 225 70 R16 which is 28.5" outside diameter without issues. On rear axle you can install up to 15 mm wheel spacers without modification but anything wider will ride the outside of a wheel well.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ordered the rear 1in Rear Strut Spacer and picked up 225/60/17 Continental VikingContact 7 winter tires. they were out of 235/60/17 and said they wont get em for another month most likely. so a slightly smaller size will do

1 - 20 of 74 Posts