SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2467 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
hey I am in MN and am currently on the hunt for an m66 v70R. its nice to see there are other Minnesotans on the R forum!
What city are you in? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
nice to see this Amazon at Cars and Coffee today!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
A group from MN Volvo Club is cruising to Chicago on Sat Aug 4th for the weekend. We will be stopping in Madison, WI on the way down to group with a few and continue on.

The meet with be with the Envolved Midwest Volvo club at Woodfield Mall - 5 Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173 around 4:30pm.

Join us if you can! If you want to tag along on the cruise from MN or WI message me for details.

7:30am meet at Kwik Trip #410
2401 Crest View Dr, Hudson, WI 54016

We leave at 7:45am from Kwik Trip

2nd location group up with the WI folks if there are any who want to meet up and cruise:
BP Gas
5551 Eastpark Blvd, Madison, WI 53718

Facebook Groups link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mnvolvo/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EnVolvedvolvos/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Introduction

Hi,
I am relatively new to Minnesota, and just acquired a 1987 240 DL 5 speed. I am not of St. Paul and am looking for some fellow enthusiasts to work on projects with. Specifically, I may need advice on a new camshaft installation. Here are some pictures of the car
Wes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
there's a meet on Sat!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the community

Hello all,

I have been driving a 2012 Volvo XC70 T6 for some time now and am interested in giving it a bit of a boost. I live in Minnesota and I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for the best performance parts and I was also wondering if anybody has had any experience with a shark performance tune that could give me an idea of what it is like.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Hello all,

I have been driving a 2012 Volvo XC70 T6 for some time now and am interested in giving it a bit of a boost. I live in Minnesota and I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for the best performance parts and I was also wondering if anybody has had any experience with a shark performance tune that could give me an idea of what it is like.
Welcome to the forum! For advice on your specific model, I'd start a thread in that area of the forum and people from all over will have some advice for you.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?107-V70-amp-XC70-(2008-2016)

For things related to Minnesota specifically (meet-and-greets, local shops, etc.), I'd check out the Minnesota Facebook group. I'm not on there, but from what I hear it is especially active and supportive bunch of enthusiasts. Have fun!

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Welcome to the forum! For advice on your specific model, I'd start a thread in that area of the forum and people from all over will have some advice for you.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?107-V70-amp-XC70-(2008-2016)

For things related to Minnesota specifically (meet-and-greets, local shops, etc.), I'd check out the Minnesota Facebook group. I'm not on there, but from what I hear it is especially active and supportive bunch of enthusiasts. Have fun!
Yes, as you can see from this thread, activity really died down a few years ago. But it didn't "die", it moved to https://www.facebook.com/groups/mnvolvo/ - we have an enormous community there. I'm one of the admins. We like having a private (rather than public) forum for discussions like planning events etc for security and other reasons. It is also a much nicer user experience for sharing photos / videos / etc than here. Hope to see you over there!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys! I got rid of FB a while ago and the ONLY thing I missed was you guys. It feels great not having FB anymore.
We still active here? I really don't want to go back to that cesspool FB

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hey Guys! I got rid of FB a while ago and the ONLY thing I missed was you guys. It feels great not having FB anymore.
I’ve never had Facebook. Kinda don’t want to get it either. Wish they updated this page still but that would be a lot of work to do both.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I’ve never had Facebook. Kinda don’t want to get it either. Wish they updated this page still but that would be a lot of work to do both.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

MN Volvo has got the mega meet planned for Sat Sept 5th. We will be cruising from Hastings to Red Wing and plan on having the meet in Red Wing.

2pm - Meeting at Jaycee Park Hastings, MN
4pm - Main event starts at 240 Harrison St, Red Wing, MN 55066

join us if you can! i dont know if we will be able to top last years meet but we'll try!

·
Registered
971 Posts
MN Volvo has got the mega meet planned for Sat Sept 5th. We will be cruising from Hastings to Red Wing and plan on having the meet in Red Wing.

2pm - Meeting at Jaycee Park Hastings, MN
4pm - Main event starts at 240 Harrison St, Red Wing, MN 55066

join us if you can! i dont know if we will be able to top last years meet but we'll try!

I’ve got nothing going on so I’ll try and make it!

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I’ve got nothing going on so I’ll try and make it!

Sent from my Nokia 3310
would be good to finally meet you and your Volvos! the meets are always a good time!

·
Registered
971 Posts
would be good to finally meet you and your Volvos! the meets are always a good time!
Alright I’m coming! Should I bring some food with me or will there be a grill out?

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Alright I’m coming! Should I bring some food with me or will there be a grill out?

Sent from my Nokia 3310
no need to bring food it'll be at a restaurant. if you got parts for sale/trade would be a good time to bring em.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Had a great time with you all today! Can’t wait for the next one!

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Had a great time with you all today! Can’t wait for the next one!

Sent from my Nokia 3310
fun times for sure!!

video is up:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There's a cruise this Sat at 11am, starts at
Pilot Travel Center
11650 Courthouse Blvd., Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

we plan on leaving from there at 11:15am, the route will be towards Cochrane, WI.

2441 - 2460 of 2467 Posts