SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the OEM roof rails on my 06 V50. I noticed today, that sometime in the last 24 hours I lost a roof rail cap on the passenger front. This is the cover that goes over the mounting hardware. Has anybody else had to replace one of these, and if so where did you get it? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Huh, weird. The cover on the driver's side front of my roof rails went missing mysteriously a couple weeks ago. I thought someone in the Costco parking lot might have grabbed it for some reason, but perhaps it just fell off.

My mechanic got me another for about $12, but I noticed it was loose when I snapped it into place. My mechanic ended up just putting a dab of silicone adhesive caulk where the clips are to keep it in place. His logic was that I could still pry it loose if I needed to, but this approach saved any hassle of replacing the clips. I agreed - can't think of any reason why I'd need to remove that trim piece.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
You need to replace the clip inserts, the white sockets that pop into the roof bracket. They're only good for one or two cycles, then they just don't hold it at highway speeds. They're cheap, but are dealer items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts