SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Another question for you. Anyone has an experience with parts replacement during the Euro trip. Did about 800km last night in Poland and this morning found the passenger headlight spray cover missing. It just decided to pop out of the vehicle sometime during the drive. Contacted the OSD center for info on replacing the part but it’s quiet. Dropping the car off in few days so wanted to ask here if someone had similar issue during the trip. Thnx in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi guys. Another question for you. Anyone has an experience with parts replacement during the Euro trip. Did about 800km last night in Poland and this morning found the passenger headlight spray cover missing. It just decided to pop out of the vehicle sometime during the drive. Contacted the OSD center for info on replacing the part but it’s quiet. Dropping the car off in few days so wanted to ask here if someone had similar issue during the trip. Thnx in advance.

Glad you had a good time on your Euro vacation. The OSD experience is unmatched.

Others have reported their covers have popped off and mysteriously vanished. Popular theory is driving flexes the vinyl enough that the cover as well as the tow hitch cover (below and to the right of your lost cover) will pop off. We've had nothing but positive contact with the OSD staff so hopefully they will replace it for you without charge. There are several Swedespeed suggestions involving attaching a cable to the back of the tow cover to secure it. Probably would work for the washer cover tho since it needs to open and close freely.

Let us know how you fare with OSD or VNA.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. The front brakes started shaking today so will have more to ask in Sweden. Thought I bedded them in the proper way on autobahn on my way in. Other than that all is great.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well dropped the car of at Torslanda and was told all will be taken care of before shipment. The other issue I had since day one was moisture in the headlights and I asked if they could test them for proper ventilation together with the vibration while braking. Will see if they do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
800km in Poland sounds like you drove right through it.
Big mistake, huge - to paraphrase "Pretty Woman".

;-)

Krzyś

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife is from north east near Grajewo. Than I had stop by Kielce and than towards Opole. The roads got so much better over the years loving it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts