SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that tiny little front panel on the front bumper has suddenly gone missing and it looks like there's some broken plastic underneath as well.

Does anyone know what exactly that panel is/what's supposed to be there and does anyone have an idea of maybe what happened? My theory is straight up vandalism as there's no other damage anywhere on the vehicle (Please ignore bugs and dirt :) )

Also might anyone have an idea on what this is gonna cost me to get fixed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My theory is straight up vandalism as there's no other damage anywhere on the vehicle.
Ya, definitely theft (and vandalism). Tow hook covers are worth serious $$$ to criminals. Volvo should put a padlock on it.
I’m guessing that’s sarcasm but at least I know it’s a tow hook cover and seems like it won’t be too much to replace.

Serious question though, do these commonly just fall off?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Serious question though, do these commonly just fall off?
They require a small force to pop off. Car washes are a common cause.

About $100 to replace, see your dealer (requires painting). Add a small tether or double-sided tape to reduce the chance of it popping off. You have a tow hook cover in the rear too.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It is not vandalism . These things come off all over all the Volvo's, and are not very secure. It's well know, and should be made to be more secure or tethered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts