SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

New to the forum (just bought a CPO 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription). Hoping someone can help clarify something for me. The car appears to have the vision package, comes with: Blind spot information system and cross traffic alert, auto dimming inside and outside rearview mirrors, retractable outside rearview mirrors. What is missing is the camera in the front under the Volvo badge. When I put the car in reverse, just the rear camera is there, I have the park-in and park-out feature and it doesn't do the 360 overhead camera.

I have a bit of a suspicion the car may have been in an accident and that was never replaced. The CARFAX comes back clean (but it means nothing). My question is, was the 360 camera/front camera a stand alone add-on?

For what it's worth, I live in Canada not sure if location has any variances with package inclusions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
845 Posts
My answer is always subject to correction, but no one else has taken a crack at answering you yet, so I will. The 360 camera should be there, I think. Look at your screen when you are in reverse-- do you see a button on the lower left of the screen saying 360? It should be there. If it isn't, then either someone else will explain why you don't have it, or you should contact your dealer and ask them about it.

It could be that the 2016 model didn't offer the 360 view. Check and see if you have side cameras (under the mirror) and a front camera (part of the Volvo logo at the front). If not, you don't have the 360 option, if the cameras are there, you should. That's my theory, anyway. It was never, as far as I know, a stand-alone option.

It used to be that you could make that camera your default view, but for not-necessarily-clear reasons, a software "update" took that option away. Most posters here blamed US regulations, but it seems to have been a combo of US regulations regarding the size of your rear-view camera view, and Volvo's deciding it was cheaper to make the rear view the default view, rather than to offer both rear and 360 views side-by-side, as some other cars do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As far as i know 360 camera, is not part of BLIS by default and you can still have park in park out, without 360 cam.
I suspect your car isn't spec'd with 360 camera.

It can also depend on the specific market spec packs.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hi there,

New to the forum (just bought a CPO 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription). Hoping someone can help clarify something for me. The car appears to have the vision package, comes with: Blind spot information system and cross traffic alert, auto dimming inside and outside rearview mirrors, retractable outside rearview mirrors. What is missing is the camera in the front under the Volvo badge. When I put the car in reverse, just the rear camera is there, I have the park-in and park-out feature and it doesn't do the 360 overhead camera.

I have a bit of a suspicion the car may have been in an accident and that was never replaced. The CARFAX comes back clean (but it means nothing). My question is, was the 360 camera/front camera a stand alone add-on?

For what it's worth, I live in Canada not sure if location has any variances with package inclusions.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to SS. My car doesn't have 360 so I could offer a "guess" only. I would suggest checking if the central display offers a button switching views. I'd speculate if there is no UI provided for selecting 360 view your car didn't have it. Look at the linked image: you can switch between regular and zoom view when in reverse. I would expect a button for switching 360 view. Again, just a guess.
https://images.craigslist.org/00202_lLvsCMEJ7YK_1200x900.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. No camera under the Volvo logo and no camera's in the mirrors. When I put the car in reverse I see the zoom in button but not option for 360.

The thing that is throwing me off is that the car has the vision package as it has everything except the 360 that comes with it. My only concern is that I took the car to a body shop and they did find that it had been re-painted, I'm not really concerned that it had major damage but if the body shop it was taken to never bothered replacing the camera.

Anyone know how I can get details on what packages/specs the actual car came with when it was originally purchased? Since I'm the second owner, I don't know how to find/get that.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm pretty sure all 2016 T6 Inscriptions came with the front camera

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
You can always ask dealer to pull the spec based on VIN.
360 degree camera is in "advanced package" in USA but it could vary in your market.
Also was it advertised with 360 degree view when you bought it?

·
Registered
413 Posts
This is incorrect. They were available without
Are you sure? I've never seen one without. I've seen plenty of early Momentums without the front camera, but never a T6 Inscription (and I'm in the PNW where there are a lot of XC90's!!)

·
Registered
250 Posts
If my memory is correct, for a while the 360 camera equipment was in short supply on some early 2016 builds. The BLISS package was available early to get blind spot monitoring without the 360 camera. Once the parts become more widely available the BLISS package all be was no longer available. The 360 and blind spot monitor were then put together as the vision package. You may have an earlier 2016 without vision, but with BLISS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No camera under the mirrors so a little thrown off by it all.

The car was delivered in July 2016 so not sure if it's early build or not. Having said that, I did confirm that the it does have the vision package and it is advertised in Canada that vision package included the 360. The service shop at the dealer was baffled a bit too. The story continues...aside from this little irritant...I'm a Volvo convert. Looking at getting the XC60 now as our secondary and replacing the Lincoln.

Also, thank you all for your replies, what a great community!

·
Registered
6,923 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Save yourself all the headache
Vida
Vin#
Check all spcs and get a print out.

I would highly suspect that it was removed from your vehicle without having error msgs show up or sensus acting up on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
934 Posts
I had a 2016 that had BLIS and other stuff without the 360 camera. I forgot the name of the package, but it is possible.

·
Registered
413 Posts
No camera under the mirrors so a little thrown off by it all.

The car was delivered in July 2016 so not sure if it's early build or not. Having said that, I did confirm that the it does have the vision package and it is advertised in Canada that vision package included the 360. The service shop at the dealer was baffled a bit too. The story continues...aside from this little irritant...I'm a Volvo convert. Looking at getting the XC60 now as our secondary and replacing the Lincoln.

Also, thank you all for your replies, what a great community!
I missed the bit about you being in Canada

·
Registered
934 Posts
I missed the bit about you being in Canada
My Canadian 2016 had BLIS but no 360 camera. It is not uncommon.

If he didn't have the front but had the cameras on the side mirrors then I would be concerned it might have been not properly repaired after a front accident. But with only the rear view camera only it is pretty clear that option was not selected when the car was manufactured.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Prior to taking away the default 360 view when backing up I have only used 360 once. With the amount of time it takes Sensus to do anything after starting you’d have to sit, wait, put in reverse, hit 360, then backup. It’s an absolute waste of time. It probably isn’t a feature you’d ever miss after the novelty wore off anyway. Now if the dealer accidentally misrepresented specs you should absolutely request something in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
I use the 360 camera all the time, especially when I am parallel parking and/or squeezing into a tight space, and/or where there are possible dangers (to the car) that the rear camera alone can't see. Absolutely not a novelty as far as I am concerned-- it is one of the more useful features. Higher resolution cameras would be nice, but it is very good as is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts