SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A front strut on my 04 SR is leaking. Seems like a good opportunity to improve the handling I've never been fond of. Was considering BC coilovers, but I think I'm going to go w/ TME springs and keep the 4C active.

Problem is, I'm a little strapped for cash and it would be a stretch to get springs plus front and rear struts/shocks. I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to buy 4 springs and just the front struts now, to fix my more immediate leaking strut issue. And then later, when I can, swap in new rear shocks and the TME rear springs. I realize the stance will look slightly funny, but would you expect me to have wonky handling or wear issues from such a mismatch?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
shouldnt be too too bad I don't think. you should be fine in my opinion. 4c might freak but idk. with a calibration it should be okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The car already has some rake built into it, so the rear is higher to begin with. Lowering the front and keeping the rear high will only exaggerate that.

Just save up some skrilla and get everything you need at once. Leaking struts aren't a huge deal. My right front has been weeping slightly since I got the caR 30k miles ago.

Excellent screenname btw.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Sure you can do the 4 lowering springs and only change the front struts. I can give you a smashing deal on a used set of Eibachs (all 4 springs) and a pair of 12k miles used front monroe front struts (C2501). Took them off when I went with BC coilovers last year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just save up some skrilla and get everything you need at once. Leaking struts aren't a huge deal. My right front has been weeping slightly since I got the caR 30k miles ago.
Good to know, thanks! I think that might be my plan A, then.

shouldnt be too too bad I don't think. you should be fine in my opinion. 4c might freak but idk. with a calibration it should be okay
Word, thanks! Glad to hear it it'll be decent if I have to go this route.

I can give you a smashing deal on a used set of Eibachs (all 4 springs) and a pair of 12k miles used front monroe front struts (C2501). Took them off when I went with BC coilovers last year.
PM'd.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sure you can do the 4 lowering springs and only change the front struts. I can give you a smashing deal on a used set of Eibachs (all 4 springs) and a pair of 12k miles used front monroe front struts (C2501). Took them off when I went with BC coilovers last year.
Sorry to rob your thread, but how do you like your BC's? I'm strongly considering them. I have heard some go a differ route with spring rates.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts