SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't figure out what seems to be the problem. My car runs fine just cuts out at hard acceleration anywhere between 5-15psi of boost. Checked the OBDII and it reads misfire. Plugs, wires along with cap and rotor have all been recently changed in late of 2011. Any advise?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spark plug blowout? Just analyzed the gapping on my plugs and everything checks out .028

·
Registered
11 Posts
Intercooler hose?

I am fighting this misfire on my '98 GLT as well. I haven't licked it yet, but when changing out my plugs, rotor, cap, & air filter my buddy noticed the intercooler hose (on top) was completely limp and whenever I stepped on the gas it completely closed off restricting air to the turbo.

I looked and looked for a replacement before going to the dealer, but yesterday I bit the bullett and dropped $50 on a new one. Man, my power was back right away. it even had a tear in it that I didn't completely notice until I got it out which was approx. 1.5 - 2 in long. Bad bad.

Anyway I haven't killed the check engine light yet but this maybe something to check out. You can even see it when revving the engine with the hood open. I just noticed that tasca has the same hose for $32 in case that is some thing you need and you wanna save some $.

Let me know as well how it goes because I am still in your same boat as well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
@ 1998 S70: Did the new hose fix your problem? I'm getting dual messages when I read your post.

I was going to suggest thinking it through. You need 3 things in compustion, FUEL, AIR,and COMPRESSION. My first suggestion was going to be the intercooler hose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The intercooler hose fixed my stalling problem big time. As soon as I left the dealership I had my power back. I haven't scanned it yet but I don't believe this will fix the misfire though. My buddy is bringing over his scanner today so we'll see about that.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts