SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from work last night, I accelerated onto the onramp and the engine stumbled... Once I was up to speed, it would be feel OK at light cruising, but lots of shaking going on at any heavy throttle.

Check engine light came on. Would begin blinking if I drove it hard at all.

At idle, it was shaking evenly, felt just like a miss. Way down on power. Driving home in traffic gridlock was no fun, tried to baby it as much as I could.

Read the code at home -- P0302, #2 Cylinder misfire.

All original coils at 205k miles. I'm guessing that's the problem. I went back and forth over what to do. Looked like the aftermarket ones failed after a couple of years, so I decided to get 5 Bosches from rockauto. Should be here Tuesday. Hope that fixes it.

I had always noticed just a little bit of a hitch occasionally when you would really accelerate hard. So I think that was my hint that the coils were going bad. We'll see, hopefully it will be running like a champ Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Blinking CEL means there's an active miss being detected. If it scans to just one cylinder, very likely one plug or one coil, agreed. 205K definitely do them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts