SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I accelerate quickly i get a hesitation or stutter, then the engine light comes on. Codes read cylinder misfire. The rotor, wires, cap, filter has been replaced, plus when I try to get up a steep driveway in first gear I seem not to have any power. What say you men.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: misfire codes (SHYBOY)

What year is your car? Have your mechanic check your fuel injectors to see if they are clogged and/or functioning properly.<p>When I upgraded my ECU I began having the same problem and was freaking out. On my '98, the original injectors were an Achilles heel of sorts in terms of clogging eventhough I always used Chevron Techron 91 octane fuel. Volvo updated them and since I installed the new injectors they seem to be working great - no misfires to date.<p>Maybe that'll work.<br>-blanco

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: misfire codes (SHYBOY)

I have a 98 and found I had the wire from the distributor to the coil routed improperly. When the engine would move with the torque I would get the misfire code. Check to see iif it is in the clips and routed close to the battery and not over some of the other stuff in the area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts