SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I stumbled upon something and I'm wondering if everyone knew about it or if this is a little known feature of our cars. If you put your car into reverse and the push one of the mirror adjustment buttons, the selected mirror will tilt down to see the curb and your back wheel! I've had this car for 3 years and never knew it did this.... . Anyone else not know about this?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
So the other day I stumbled upon something and I'm wondering if everyone knew about it or if this is a little known feature of our cars. If you put your car into reverse and the push one of the mirror adjustment buttons, the selected mirror will tilt down to see the curb and your back wheel! I've had this car for 3 years and never knew it did this.... . Anyone else not know about this?

Never tried that... mine is 2010 S80 T6... will try it leaving the garage later today.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I think the newer cars, sensus equipped ones and newer, can even set it to have both mirrors automatically tilt when you enter reverse. If you have a saloon/station wagon and enter reverse with your front wipers on, the rear one will activate too.

And just as an FYI, if you didn't know this either, if you press both the L and R button for the mirrors at the same time you can fold the mirrors at command, if you have electrical mirrors. Those can be set to fold upon locking on all P3 model years though.

·
Registered
70 Posts

I just tried that. You are right. Thank you for info :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
I recall reading that, but never need to parallel park. Seeing your post, I went outside to give it a try. It works well.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
silly me, I read the manual and saw that.

As for the rear wipers, that and the signal blinking three times if you nudge it a little bit is the same on my econobox (deathtrap since it isn't Volvo) Astra.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I first saw that on our 13-XC60 and used it all the time.

Now we have a 15.5-V60 and it also has that feature, but the mirror tilts down and in too much for my liking and I would like to know if the backup tilt position can be adjusted?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I'm not sure but I'd very much suspect that the mirror adjustment is made based on how your mirrors are adjusted for regular driving e.g it's not a fixed position but it's tilted a certain number of degrees down and "inwards". I think the point is to be able to see your rear wheel and how far it is from the curb, more than anything else.

·
Registered
798 Posts
After activating the mode, seems you can adjust each side using the toggle switch and it is remembered.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
After activating the mode, seems you can adjust each side using the toggle switch and it is remembered.
i couldn't get mine to remember the curb view. they just default back to factory settings after next start-up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts