SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 s60 2.4T

So title says it all. I had to remove the cluster instruments in order to replace the cracked plastic window in front of it. Problem is that since I put it back, the light under the driver side mirror won't turn on. I have trying switching the bulb with the passenger side one with no success. Passenger side works even it the bulb originally on the driver side.

I believe there is some kind of electrical trouble. My roof lights wouldn't respond correctly at first and the odometer would not turn on while the rest of the cluster was ok.

Until now, I have tried removing the battery of the car, removing all fuses one by one in the buse box inside the car and putting the key to posII holding driver and passenger windows button up for a few seconds removing the key and locking and unlocking the doors. What else should I look at ?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
there is a module inside the door that may need to be replaced or the mirror assembly may need to be replaced and reprogrammed

have you tried the power mirror function for that side?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a module inside the door that may need to be replaced or the mirror assembly may need to be replaced and reprogrammed

have you tried the power mirror function for that side?
Power mirror works fine on both sides. As said, I believe it may be an error somewhere in the system, at first after putting the cluster back the odometer would not turn on and the roof courtesy lights buttons wont respond. Removing the battery fixed that part.

It sucks because I have already removed the cluster ib the past with no problems.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Did you have the battery disconnected when you originally removed the instrument cluster? If not then that might be your problem. I know if you remove the CCM with the battery connected you will get an airbag light that must be reset. Might be the same with the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you have the battery disconnected when you originally removed the instrument cluster? If not then that might be your problem. I know if you remove the CCM with the battery connected you will get an airbag light that must be reset. Might be the same with the instrument cluster.
No, that is why I believe a simple reset will help. As my odometer came back and by roof courtesy lights buttons after I removed all of the fuses one by one, I believe there could be some type of reset that would help the courtesy ligths system.

I hear of the procedure to put the key in the ignition at position II and hold both driver and passenger side windows buttons up for 5 to 8 seconds, remove the key and lock unlock doors with the remote twice....someone knows about that ? tried it but did not hear anything that made be thing I did it correctly..sould I hear a bip at some point during the procedure ?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
never heard of the power window thing

for a reset you disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait 30 min (or more like an hour to be sure any remaining power drains), then touch the positive side with the negative cable, put key in position II then reconnect negative terminal

always disconnect battery when unplugging any electrical cables

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
never heard of the power window thing

for a reset you disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait 30 min (or more like an hour to be sure any remaining power drains), then touch the positive side with the negative cable, put key in position II then reconnect negative terminal

always disconnect battery when unplugging any electrical cables
You mean I have to stick the negative cable to the positive one put the key to II leave it there and put the negative on its pole while the key is in. Is that it?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
you only need to touch the negative cable to the positive side briefly. just like a quick touch, (i believe this just discharges the capacitors completely), go put key in pos II, then reconnect to negative pole

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help! My 30seconds battery reset and removing both cables was useless, took your advice about the 30 minutes. Removed the negative cable during cthe night, put it back this morning and tadam! Magic. Everything is back to normal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts