SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had the xc90 since Saturday (so about six days). Absolutely adore it. Has anyone noticed that the sunroof when closed is not completely flush - as if it only is closing 99% of the way. Fortunately, I hear no wind noise and have not had any leaking (and it has been raining in Miami). It may need lubrication or to be re-sealed - but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue. I have previously had a similar issue on panoramic roofs in other cars - lubrication solved the problem.

As I am bringing it in a week from Monday to have Apple CarPlay installed - I will have them take a look.

I cannot say enough good things however about the car - voice interface (while not perfect as there is no such thing yet) is the best I have encountered; I appreciate the drive of the car more each day and am still exceeding EPA mileage on first tank in rush hour traffic to and from work

One very minor gripe - there should be a way to quickly jump from station 3 on Sirius/XM to station 100 for instance. Obviously one can type it in manually on virtual keyboard - or limit number of favorites - or simply say "listen 100" but to be able to have a slide on the right to move pages at a time would be helpful -

Similarly, if you have 200 Artists in an ipod/iphone and want to go to the T artists - I have seen other cars segment them into a-d; e-k, etc...

Again, you can simply tell the car what to do - or scroll line by line. But going page by page or 20-30 at a time might be helpful.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Have had the xc90 since Saturday (so about six days). Absolutely adore it. Has anyone noticed that the sunroof when closed is not completely flush - as if it only is closing 99% of the way. Fortunately, I hear no wind noise and have not had any leaking (and it has been raining in Miami). It may need lubrication or to be re-sealed - but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue. I have previously had a similar issue on panoramic roofs in other cars - lubrication solved the problem.

As I am bringing it in a week from Monday to have Apple CarPlay installed - I will have them take a look.

I cannot say enough good things however about the car - voice interface (while not perfect as there is no such thing yet) is the best I have encountered; I appreciate the drive of the car more each day and am still exceeding EPA mileage on first tank in rush hour traffic to and from work

One very minor gripe - there should be a way to quickly jump from station 3 on Sirius/XM to station 100 for instance. Obviously one can type it in manually on virtual keyboard - or limit number of favorites - or simply say "listen 100" but to be able to have a slide on the right to move pages at a time would be helpful -

Similarly, if you have 200 Artists in an ipod/iphone and want to go to the T artists - I have seen other cars segment them into a-d; e-k, etc...

Again, you can simply tell the car what to do - or scroll line by line. But going page by page or 20-30 at a time might be helpful.
Let me clarify the bold - You haven't "noticed" any leaking. Your car could very well be leaking and you just haven't noticed any dampness in the headliner yet.

I think the count is now at least 7 between Swedespeed and the official Volvo Support Forums of people that have reported water intrusions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate that this is a possibility, however, last evening was the first time I noticed the lack of a flush close. I parked right in front of my house. Watched it rain - went out to the car several times - opened the door and felt the headliner and sunshade - they were bone dry. I repeated again this morning. Now it was NOT pouring. I cannot guarantee that no water is getting into the tray and then out of the drain. And seemingly - it should close all the way tight. But I believe this is likely a different issue. I had a clogged drain in my prior car - the headliner was soaked and the drain unplugged under warranty - somehow they got the headliner to look perfectly new again. And that was at a time when the roof was completely closed. So a separate issue.

Will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It has play, but mine was also loose. So loose that it caused an annoying rattle that was a PITA to locate and fix...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts