SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2.5T for just short of 2 weeks now. I like this thing a lot. I drives VERY nicely and power from the smaller engine is fine. I find it a better ride and quieter than my '95 850. I also have had no defect problems so far. The good and bad things that might not be obvious to to others:<p>GOOD:<br>1) The "transformer" seats all over this thing (I have 7 seats), that I 1st thought were gimicky, work quite well. I have done some car pooling and have been opening and closing everything. There are no rattles (even with empty seats left in odd postions). I even like the center kid seat (I have a 6 and 7 yr old so the size is perfect.<br>2) Backup alarm is nice. Helps in parallel parking. Now I need to get used where the front is. I end up thinking the nose is a lot further out than it really is.<p><br>COULD BE BETTER:<br>1) Over shoulder visibilty not great. I'm using a wider mirror angle to compensate<br>2) I wish Volvo had the "auto dip" for side mirrors in reverse that Benz has.<br>3) You have to stash the rear cargo cover in the garage to do 3rd row seat transformation (wifes Benz E320 has much better design for this). Mine may never make it make to the car.<br>4) I too wish there was an AUX audio input or MP3 CD ability. With surveys showing that the XC90 will be the 1st Volvo for many, I think they slightly missed the target market on this feature. They could have charged me $150 for it.<br>5) Premium audio system has acceptable but "average" sound quality. I'm not talking about blasting, just at normal listening levels. On Paul Simon and Dire Straits CDs I need to cut the high end to avoid a fatiguing sound. I am not a "golden ears", but I know that is usually due to plain old distortion.<br>6) One other Radio gripe (although I don't know if *anyone* does this right) is that I jump from AM to FM stations. I want the presets to be band-independent, so I can scroll through my "favorites" from the steering wheel, without regard to whether they are AM or FM. Now I have to reach over to the radio to change bands every time I change from CNET radio (AM) to KQED (FM). I was OK with this on my '95 850 (my 1st digital radio!) but this should not be necessary anymore

1 - 1 of 1 Posts