SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will It still be a Daily Driver , Will It be a Trailer Queen , Will It be a Antique .

WILL __ IT__ BE - at all .

Classic Ride :

Trailer Queen :

Daily Driver :

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Always like your threads. I figure I'll drive mine 'til the wheels fall off and try to keep it as nice as possible. My 242 will no doubt be my trailer queen.

·
Registered
207 Posts
In 20 years with gasprices going up at the same rate, it's probably as usefull as this one:

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL , I should have said : :D 10 Years .

They will be making: Syn Fuel from Bacteria , anyway Toss up the Pic's and Think
even 10 years from Now .

Custom Paint is a very Possible Window . Combine these next - 2 pic's

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
In 20 years with gasprices going up at the same rate, it's probably as usefull as this one:

Ever see the interior pics from that accident? Blood all over the seats and air bags, but the two passengers walked away!

I picture my car being a capable daily driver in 20 years. I fully intend to have another modern Volvo by then, but just like the 3 million mile p1800, I want my S40 to continue ticking.

Mods for that day: New paint, probably blue and yellow theme. Manual transmission swap, as it'll be a LOT cheaper to do then. Overall, I will probably make it more "stock" like. It'll be winning me the classic car awards at VCOA meets, not just the modern Volvo stuff ;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I would hope that it will be still alive and kicking looking sexy and driving me every day to work and back :)

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
I would hope that it will be still alive and kicking looking sexy and driving me every day to work and back :)
+1. But we'll be the only ones to see them as sexy. Just like how only Volvo lovers can call the old 240s as sexy now.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wondering If the K16 will turn My DD into a Trailer Queen - as it sure seems like a few have had Issues , either with Clutches , Injectors , then there is the Heat to be Concerned with .

I need to get some better gauging , I'd like : Oil Pressure , Oil Temp , Air Intake Temp , and Boost . Wow where can all those go .

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Most Volvos on the road today will look similar to this in 20 years...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just wondering If the K16 will turn My DD into a Trailer Queen - as it sure seems like a few have had Issues , either with Clutches , Injectors , then there is the Heat to be Concerned with .

I need to get some better gauging , I'd like : Oil Pressure , Oil Temp , Air Intake Temp , and Boost . Wow where can all those go .
I'm also searching for a nice looking solution for gauges. only air intake temp i don't need with this IC. But a nice solution would be nice. I allmost bought a corsa OPC instead of the S40, there a very nice solution
was availible:

maybe a tripple gauge adapter on the A pillar.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
You could definitely fit all those on the A pillar, just closer together.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Really like this Guys Engine Bay :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BjI1lG2q4A

I'm looking into making a Custom Shelve right now for a little more storage behind the Water Fall as I'm doing that
I'll be looking at Locations around the Car .

I have a - pretty good IC , but with the K16 - I'd like to see both : Air Temp coming Off - the - Turbo and After the IC .

Here it is - 1 Gauge that has 2 sending units for 2 Dual locations and readings .
I haven't heard any of the K16 Guys : Going and Doing a 1800 mile Blast or even a 600 mile state to state Hot Run .

http://prosportgauges.com/dual-intercooler-air-temperature-gauge.aspx

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I doubt my C30 will have any value in 5 years, yet 10 to 20. Modern cars have a calculated life expectation of 100.000 miles or 10 years. If you get more out of it, you have to consider yourself lucky.

I also doubt a massproduction market car will be collectable. The p1 made iirc something like 750.000 units.

With the electronics inside the car, I doubt someone will be able to repair them in future. Here in Germany many garages can't even set carbs up any more, even though they were standard into the late 90ies, early 2000s. The older injection systems which aren't as complicated as these super modern systems, like the KE Jetronic, the LH 2.2 and 2.4, the Motronic 1.8 and 4.3, even simple D Jetronics from 1969 are near to impossible to be repaired today. The last Volvo with a LH 2.4 system was a 1998 940 Turbo (B230FT). That is only 14 years ago. Most engine parts aren't available new. Injectiom parts like ECUs only from Bosch and even there they are discontinued. So I see a not so pretty future...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
May be closer to sweden that Old Motor .

It will be a Garaged Antique `\ : - ) , It will possibly have - 144,000 miles . Wiring is more of a Concern , there should be plenty of Parts .

I'd like to Know which one of You bunch went all the way to the UK and fetched a Used RS Motor :;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm trying to take good care of my V50, as it's REALLY rare in Norway...

If there were to be a lack of spare parts, the plan is to make it a full out race car (like the STCC-kind)...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Now that Volvo isn't producing a V50 anymore - the Next Ten years - these should start to Appreciate Up .

Well as least My manifolds will , really trying to Keep the rest of the V50 in Good Condition also . ( A Car Cover is on My List )

I Know there is some Research going - looking for the - Ultimate Injector system

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Classic Volvo Items : Classic Color also , any Custom Work - toss it on up .
I wonder If I'd done the Manifolds in Green - I'd be getting Offer's from the Great - West Coast ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts