SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the minimum thickness of brake discs for an '05 S40 T5 AWD with Dynamic Sport Suspension (part of the Sport Package at the time)? I remember seeing the number stamped on the disc somewhere, but with corrosion etc, can't seem to locate it any more.

· Registered
9,120 Posts
Re: Min Brake Disc Thickness? (tilley)

Ill check tomoro. For some reason i cant remember the spec. Soon as i check the book ima slap myself for not remembering. I know its 23mm or something like that.

· Registered
9,120 Posts
Re: Min Brake Disc Thickness? (ForceFed Motorsports)

Just as i thought, front rotors min thickness is 23.8mm (all size of rotors) and 9.8 or 8.4 mm if you have 16 or 16.5" rotors in the rear.

Thats at pad replacement too.

· Registered
4,962 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »
Just as i thought, front rotors min thickness is 23.8mm

Shame, shame. Your initial recollection was off by 0.8 mm!

· Registered
9,120 Posts
Re: Min Brake Disc Thickness? (tillley)

Sorry disc size can vary whether you have small brake or large brake applications from the factory which changes the spec a little.

· Premium Member
9,296 Posts

Only the front brake rotor has size variations. All rear rotors are the same (in the US anyway).

See the sticky at the top for a thread with photos to help you identify yours.

Tom.

· Registered
9,120 Posts
Re: Min Brake Disc Thickness? (tmtalpey)

Oh ok, that was just the info from the spec books we get from volvo. Has specs for 15, 16, +16.5 inch brakes. Shows specs for all available markets i guess.

· Registered
24 Posts
Re: Min Brake Disc Thickness? (tmtalpey)

Thanks, I found the sticky. So I need to figure out which front caliper I have, which will tell me what size rotor I have, which hopefully is the same as US models....then I'll know the min thickness(?)

Update: Had a look and I definitely have the big caliper.

Modified by tillley at 6:53 AM 4-19-2009

Modified by tillley at 6:52 PM 4-21-2009

Modified by tillley at 6:52 PM 4-21-2009

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.