SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
The Golden Gate Chapter, with the help of Kim Phillips of Professional Auto Care in Half Moon Bay, are hosting a tour of the Military Vehicle Technical Foundation located in Portola Valley. We'll be meeting in Half Moon Bay at 10:00am on August 18th and cruising (read: not high-performance driving) to lunch at the Alpine Inn and finally to the Museum.

Complete details online now at ggvcoa.org and you will need to RSVP ahead of time. Space is limited on the tour, so please do register soon if you want to attend.

Direct link to the event page, click here.

Download driving directions of the route, click here.

Any and all Volvos welcomed! We're looking forward to seeing you on August 18.

·
Registered
926 Posts
^^ This sounds awesome. I'm most likely in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm in for sure! just one thing... cruising (read: not high-performance driving) maybe we can go in separate groups, one for the cruisers, and one for the more "spirited" drivers? I'm sure Kim or Joe could map a route for us.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm in for sure! just one thing... cruising (read: not high-performance driving) maybe we can go in separate groups, one for the cruisers, and one for the more "spirited" drivers? I'm sure Kim or Joe could map a route for us.
Naw, this is a club event, and as such you're representing the club and therefore needs to be for everyone and not be about hooning around. Just enjoy the cruise and the scenery. It's actually quite nice when it's not a blur.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Naw, this is a club event, and as such you're representing the club and therefore needs to be for everyone and not be about hooning around. Just enjoy the cruise and the scenery. It's actually quite nice when it's not a blur.
My Northbay drive was a club event albeit it will now be titled a little differently :D

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Yes, but because it wasn't labeled as such, it was let through.
Aha, soooo then next year I shouldn't label it as such??? I'm confused.

Doesn't matter either way, as I'll always have a Northbay drive that leans towards awesome if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Aha, soooo then next year I shouldn't label it as such??? I'm confused.

Doesn't matter either way, as I'll always have a Northbay drive that leans towards awesome if you know what I mean.
Right. I'm not saying stop doing it. We all know I hoon just as much as the next R guy. It's just there is a time and a place to do it :p

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Alright, I'm in for the 18th, should be fun.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I'm looking forward to this. Will there be a north bay "Drive" to Half Moon Bay LOL :)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I'm so bummed. Just got a call from an employee who will not be at a job tomorrow so I have to fill in. Will for sure be at the next event.

Ron

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I missed out as well :(

Any pics from the day??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts