SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2011 XC60 T6 about 2 weeks ago.
I don't really drive all that much so I just filled it up yesterday and the miles to empty are saying 250, which I sure hope is wrong :).
I reset the computer and restarted the engine a few times and it still says that, any ideas on what might be happening?.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The miles to empty value on these cars is a bit odd compared to others I've had. It adjusts based on recent fuel consumption, so if you did a lot of sitting in traffic (and it sounds like you do if you only first needed fuel after 2 weeks), it will read very low. I've filled up immediately after a long stretch at 65 mph or so on my S60 and the miles to empty read 725(!) miles when I started the car. Basically, it constantly adjusts. Drive 10-15 miles on the highway and you will see that number increase.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
There's a pic on the forum of it saying something like 1800 miles till empty :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah mostly city miles, I guess that I will have to try and get on the highway for a bit and see how that goes, I am coming over from a 2001 V70 and that computer was very accurate (within reason) and really didn't fluctuate as wildly, I guess I am a bit bummed that this isn't really worth anything, but my takeaway from what you guys are saying is that I shouldn't complain to the dealer, correct?.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah mostly city miles, I guess that I will have to try and get on the highway for a bit and see how that goes, I am coming over from a 2001 V70 and that computer was very accurate (within reason) and really didn't fluctuate as wildly, I guess I am a bit bummed that this isn't really worth anything, but my takeaway from what you guys are saying is that I shouldn't complain to the dealer, correct?.
No, what you describe sounds typical to me. Really all it is good for is telling you miles to empty IF you continue driving the same way you currently are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts