SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The V70R is a funny beast. It has only gotten me stuck twice in our careers. However, both have been after VERY long trips. The first was in 2010 in California when there was a huge dump in late December. I kicked ass all the way to Mammoth Village only to get high centered backing into a parking spot. The second was last week. I had flown from Orange County to Dallas, Dallas to Des Moines. Drove from Des Moines to home and then assessed the drift in the driveway. It was marginal for sure, about 2 ft where it counted. I got a run from the gravel but it should have been more aggressive, high centered again, so close. R is fast, but man, it is not a sled.

On the other hand, the FE has been knocking around all day. Off Road mode is particularly entertaining with all the compass stuff and descent control. I love them both, but the V70R is a fine edged knife. The FE is a dull edged hatchet that, granted, is pretty.

This was actually the clearest view I had over 3 miles

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Sweet looking rides brother, I'm sure they're both beasts in the snow!
The V70R is very good in the snow (provided it has at least all-season tires) however not as good as the XC90 because of its lowered stance and its Haldex is not as advanced as the XC90's (small differences).

·
Registered
298 Posts
The cars look great....but all I can say it that garage is WAY too uncluttered!

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Love the garage, and rides as well. When my kid is much older and set up with a stable job, years and years from now, he isn't even 10 yet, I'm done with nyshi tt y and hope to go somewhere on a few acres with a garage as nice as yours. :insert thumbs up here, lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree my 2006 s60r was a beast in the snow never had a problem even in that big snow storm when the shut down the NYC expressways with my Conti extreme contacts it never missed a step and saved me from getting stuck out there. Of course ground clearance was its only problem but it is a sports car. I never got stuck in my '97 Tacoma and I never got stuck in my s60r so if the xc90 let's me down i would be surprised. I am sure the xc90 will be awesome.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Love the garage, and rides as well. When my kid is much older and set up with a stable job, years and years from now, he isn't even 10 yet, I'm done with nyshi tt y and hope to go somewhere on a few acres with a garage as nice as yours. :insert thumbs up here, lol:
Truth!

·
Registered
673 Posts
The cars look great....but all I can say it that garage is WAY too uncluttered!
That's exactly what I was thinking. Everything always has a way of winding up in my garage. :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
In really terrible road conditions, I'd rather have good ground clearance with FWD, than AWD and poor ground clearance. A FWD Volvo has the engine mounted transversely right over the front axle, and with traction control, it's a beast in the snow. With better ground clearance, your V70R would be great.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I should have waited for a wagon...

·
Registered
917 Posts
The heck with the cars, I want that garage!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts