SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car in today to have the radio replaced- (09 S80 T6) because the AM started crapping out which the dealer was aware of the problem- Funny thing was another owner was there with the same problem- he totally lost the AM on his car. I see they now have a single disk CD changer BUT a UBS port for ipod. Missed out on that one- My sat radio runs out next month and I only use the ipod and would like to have the USB. It also looks like they did away with Bluetooth when they went to the USB? Wonder why? The bluetooth has been flawless and a great feature.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Mid Year 09 Radio changes- (NJdiver)

S80s built after Nov. 10th, '08 had the 6 CD changer replaced by a single CD player and a HD radio receiver was added. A USB port was also added to go along with the existing AUX input jack. Bluetooth continues to be standard.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Re: Mid Year 09 Radio changes- (NJdiver)

You can always have the integrated iPod accesory installed. After installation car has both a USB port and a dedicated cable for the iPod.

·
Registered
718 Posts
You guys still tune AM stations?<p>

·
Registered
777 Posts
Re: (hopetonbrown)

Actually Volvo customers have high demands for AM radio performance. Why? In certain large metro areas including Metro NY, Boston, Chicago and Washington DC (These four areas are >60% of our sales), customers use AM for real time traffic, weather, news and financial reporting. Can't get the same depth of that info on FM.<p>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (zamo)

I just missed the cut- I test drove a few models and bought the car election day. It came out of port Newark to the dealer a few days later. As far as AM, I'm the only one who listens and the up to date NYC area traffic reports are damn good. Sirius sucks- I'm letting that expire. From what I heard you still get the main weather station after you are canceled? Not really that important at this point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (zamo)

AM is the "bomb". Not really- just good traffic and financial news. When the music gets old, AM will keep you up on a long night trip. Can always find good stuff on obscure AM stations. Remember Wolf Man Jack, holy poop I'm getting old, no wonder I drive an 80

1 - 8 of 8 Posts