SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh dear, we are learning much is closed, the weekend of our arrival. Any suggestions in Gothenburg? 22-24 June?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry to hear you OSD experience is being dampened by Sweden holiday. While I have no suggestions I wonder if you could make one for me? We are planning an OSD delivery for June 2020. If you could plan again what dates would you suggest to us (based on your experience) for the best time in June? Hope you work things out for yourself. Please post your OSD experience and pictures if you can.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Summer Holiday

Oh dear, we are learning much is closed, the weekend of our arrival. Any suggestions in Gothenburg? 22-24 June?
You can still find some restarants open and some people out and about but the town will pretty much be deserted. Not having experienced this before we were taken aback at how abandoned the city was. Then mid Sunday afternoon there will be traffic jams of people coming back into town. Quite interesting to see.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm no expert here, but you might want to contact the Volvo's Factory Delivery Centre (FDC) and/or the hotel that Volvo is booking you into to see what might be open.

Maybe join in on the celebrations in one of the venues on Midsommar's Eve in or around the city. Sounds like the next day will be pretty quiet. Accommodations outside in the countryside may be hard to find.

https://www.routesnorth.com/planning-your-trip/midsummer-in-sweden/

·
Registered
9 Posts
We picked up our XC90 OSD the day before midsummer 2017. It was a great experience to see and take part in the celebration. Lots of festivals in the park adjacent to the Clarion post hotel. My next OSD will be planned to go at that time. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts